What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

I'm not sure yet. Haven't really tried enough different builds in it so far, or the bigger chamber in the other chimney.

I think part of the problem is I'm too used to the draw on the MD.

And the slight variation I'm getting in flavour could be down to 'micro spit-back'(?) on the MD for all I know.

With the standard chimney / chamber I find it misses very top end of the juice I use . Maybe the last 5-10%?

I do use a weak mix flavour-wise, so that might be making it easier to notice when something isn't quite right? Not 100% sure really.

It's one level above the Pandora for flavour though.
I think you will get used to the Draw of the pioneer the more you use it and once you dial in the right airflow settings that work you.
I always used to get spitback with the md. Very annoying.

I will order the extra pins soon. I think the 1.0mm pin would be perfect with the cyclops open.No screwing around with the afc ring then.

The 1mm pin with the cyclops open gives a slightly tighter, and quieter, draw than the 1.2mm pin with the afc closed down to match your pic.

The throat hit/sensation is also a bit tighter & more defined too with the 1mm pin.

Just put 2 tanks through the short mtl chimney on a fresh build. Time for 2 tanks through the bigger chimney now.

The 1mm pin with the cyclops open gives a slightly tighter, and quieter, draw than the 1.2mm pin with the afc closed down to match your pic.

The throat hit/sensation is also a bit tighter & more defined too with the 1mm pin.

Just put 2 tanks through the short mtl chimney on a fresh build. Time for 2 tanks through the bigger chimney now.
Manage to get that deck screwed back on?

After trying the bigger chimney I think I prefer it.

It's a slightly cooler vape, and the flavour is pushed more towards the higher notes?

With the juice I'm using, the orange mango flavour is more obvious with the regular chimney.

Whereas with the bigger one it's not quite as prominent, and the lemon lime flavour pops a bit more?

Plus there's an extra few mm of height to play around with the coil position to try & get some more throat hit/sensation.

Do you guys prefer a 2.5mm or 3mm coil?
I tried a build today with 27awg kanthal 6 wraps 3mm coil and wicking was much easier than compared to the 2.5mm.
Probably because e had to use more cotton.
With the 2.5 it's a little difficult to get more cotton in I feel.
Come out to 1.02 ohms. Vaping at 14w and no leakage under the base.

I tried a build today with 27awg kanthal 6 wraps 3mm coil and wicking was much easier than compared to the 2.5mm.

I always use a 2.5mm ID coil for all MTL tanks, including the Pioneer. Glad you've found something that works for you though.

I always use a 2.5mm ID coil for all MTL tanks, including the Pioneer. Glad you've found something that works for you though.
I've actually gone back to 2.5. With the 3mm the draw wasn't working for me. Flavour didn't improve. Pretty much the same as 2.5

Never used anything other than 2.5mm id for MTL. In my experience, most MTL builds don't require a lot of cotton.

Your build is the same as mine, except for the coil diameter. And for the record, I have the 1.2 pin in and have about 3 holes open on the outer airflow.

2.5mm here too. Happy with how it vapes so didn't think to try a 3mm coil.

Don't really get much liquid under the base either. Maybe the odd drop or two?

It's much better than the MD in that regard. It could soak the base at times.

Back
Top Bottom