What's new

PPE Acetate Help

Update:

Donations have far exceeded my hopes and more than enough money has been kindly donated :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

I have ordered:
100 x 240 Micron
200 x 200 Micron (not ideal but 240 Micron has sold out)
These should hopefully start arriving Weds/Thurs

Also 2 members have ordered 150 sheets which will follow.

Total funds kindly donated:
£140 - frikkin amazing!
+ 150 sheets of Acetate purchased direct.
I really wanted to list the donors but I don't know if anyone would object? **IF ANY DONORS OBJECT TO ME USING THEIR USERNAMES PLEASE PM ME**

Donation money spent so far:
£29.99 for 100 x 240 Micron Acetate Sold by 2dispatch (eBay)
£36.84 for 200 x 200 Micron Acetate Sold by sign.print.lab (eBay)
£8.99 for Leitz Hole Punch (Amazon)

Balance = £64.18

I know my request was for Acetate but I was given permission to use funds to aid production and the hole punch will make life a lot easier with a guide bar, I was doing them by eye before.

The above sum far outweighs the need at the moment, I do intend to purchase more but if there is any funds remaining I will post about how to deal with it, perhaps a care package of treats for the workers?
(Stating the obvious but no further money donations are needed)

PLA Filament wise, I have plenty at the moment as I am using up my old stock of colours, I will keep an eye on it to ensure I don't run out.

Delivery status has stalled due to having no acetate at all (my fault as I regret not asking for help sooner) but once donated acetate arrives they will be ready to deliver within an hour, punching and fitting is the fastest part, there are currently 27 printed awaiting cleaning and acetate (cleaning will be done once acetate has arrived), 10 delivered and should have another 8 today (BLUE).

PPE-5.jpg

PPE-4.jpg

First batch of donated acetate should arrive before 12:00 and your help will have an immediate impact thank you once more :thankssign:

40 assembled visors going out after lunchtime: (assuming Mr Postman delivers on time)
20 to a care home.
20 to a mobile care provider.

All caught up, it is raining Acetate thanks to your superb donations!

I'm seriously well frikkin chuffed, hard to explain but as soon as the first batch arrived yesterday and I caught up everything clicked into place, 40+ are going out today and I am now looking for other local care homes I can drip feed the urgent need to.

I've had some feedback from the ones I sent out yesterday, the care home staff are over the moon with them and they wanted me to pass on their thanks to all those that contributed :2thumbsup:

I wish I could express in words how much the donated acetate has made all this possible, my efforts would be useless without yours, I now have zero pressure and it's so rewarding to be able to assemble and dispatch quickly, I am bouncing today.

Another bonus so far is the receivers have said they will be sanitising them so I only need to do general cleaning.

My OAP mummsywummsy also donated some rounded corner cropping scissors for the bottom corner so done all those this morning.

Hopefully this stack of 49 will not be a sight I will see again as I should be able to dispatch 1 to 2 days worth in future.
(45 are going out today)

PPE-6.jpg

25 Collected and she's asked me to pass on her and her colleagues thanks for the acetate sheets.

First impression was "Oooo! these are posh" :)

PPE-7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom