What's new

Problem with burning

Steve smith

Hi, I'm very new to vaping and have a problem with my RX200 Mod. I'm using a Uwell Crown with a .15 dual coil NI200. I've had it at 25w but can taste burning. I was told I should be using it at around 70w so both coils heat together but I can still taste burning. I primed the coil and soaked it for a few minutes before use. Prior to using this coil, I was using the other coils that were included in the crown pack, but with the same results.

I've tried the liquid in my friends mod, with the same settings and his is alot smoother, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help please?

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Hi, I'm very new to vaping and have a problem with my RX200 Mod. I'm using a Uwell Crown with a .015 dual coil NI200. I've had it at 25w but can taste burning. I was told I should be using it at around 70w so both coils heat together but I can still taste burning. I primed the coil and soaked it for a few minutes before use. Prior to using this coil, I was using the other coils that were included in the crown pack, but with the same results.

I've tried the liquid in my friends mod, with the same settings and his is alot smoother, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, can anyone help please?

Thanks
Steve
Hey bud, are you using this coils in TC mode? If not, and assuming you don't want to wade right into TC, bang the 0.25 or the 0.5 in and try 40-70 range :)

If temperature mode up an down until you find a nice vape if in watt mode start low then work up with the watts hope it helps someone maybe along soon who as more knowledge than me who can help further

If using NI coil make sure your in NI setting and make sure you lock the resistance of the tank at room temp. Up and fire button at same time to lock resistance

as said it sounds like you are running in wattage mode which you MUST NOT DO while using Ni200 nickel coils.

what does your screen show. is the large number reading 55.5w

if it does press your fire button 3 times fast to change to TC mode and the readout will show for example 235 ni c

Hi, I'm very new to vaping and have a problem with my RX200 Mod. I'm using a Uwell Crown with a .15 dual coil NI200. I've had it at 25w but can taste burning. I was told I should be using it at around 70w so both coils heat together but I can still taste burning. I primed the coil and soaked it for a few minutes before use. Prior to using this coil, I was using the other coils that were included in the crown pack, but with the same results.

Thanks
Steve

Steve,
You could well be doing yourself a lot of damage vaping nickel coils in wattage mode- which is what you're doing unless I've totally got the wrong end of the stick.

Nickel coils are designed to be used in temperature control only- not wattage or voltage mode. Nickel behaves differently to kanthal and stainless steel in that if you heat it too much I'm led to believe the wire itself starts to break down. In wattage mode the mod does not recognise heat in the coil- just the power it's throwing into it.

If you're heating up the nickel in wattage mode beyond the point where the wire starts to burn you're effectively inhaling nickel. This is not good in the slightest for your respiratory system.

I don't have an RX200, but I do use nickel coils as they last longer in my opinion and I'm a part time temp control fan. If the nickel coil gives you a wattage range it will definitely give you a temperature range. Set the temp first, initially way under the max and find your sweet spot gradually.
Personally I wouldn't touch the wattage on nickel as the mod should adjust automatically the wattage as you increase the temp. But don't take that part as gospel as I haven't got the same mod as yours.

In short if you Vape nickel just on wattage mode and don't control the max temperature you'll be very poorly after doing it for a while.

^exactly this.

its a shame there is not more info out for new users.
to them, a coil is a coil is a coil.

i even managed it myself so its easy to do.
the day TC arrived in the uk i got a istick40TC with a freemax starre pro ni coil. used it and liked it but when the battery died and without thinking i took the ttank off and put it on my istick50 which doesnt have TC and continued. took 4 days before the first bit of info tricked through on the forums and as soon as i read it i dumped the ni200 and stuck with kanthal,

got 5 TC mods now so that wont happen again and will get back into TC one day.

I've just started with TC, and only have one mod which supports it. My Griffin, which has 2 NiFe coils in, doesn't go on any other mod so I won't make that mistake.

Likewise to both @agent75 and @MrDJ.

I have two dedicated tanks for temperature control, being the Artic and the TFV4 micro. For these two I use only temp control just to keep it a bit clearer for myself. I have 3 mods, two of which support TC.

There is a little bit of a lack of info in the pitfalls of nickel coils but it's there if you look.

The last thing anyone wants is either a vaper to do them self irreversible damage doing this or to make another headline in the process.
I like the smoothness and controlled Vape from TC, but before I did it I looked into the do's and dont's. Nobody wants anyone else hurt through user error which would be interpreted by Joe Public as a universal flaw.

@ mr dj. I can see where you a coming from I got the kangertech topbox a few days ago and reading on the card in the box it says. 0.15 NI200 TC but at the side of this it says20-45 WATTS it was only through getting info from experienced members like yourself who told me not to use WATTS with NI coil .The card is very misleading to new users like myself like you say a coil is a coil to us in the world of vaping and that's true with some respect

Back
Top Bottom