What's new

RDA help

garfy3

Postman
After many years of vaping I finally acquired my first RDA.

It's a Hellboy clone, secondhand and a little bit tatty but I'm loving it. The only trouble is that it doesn't fit the 510 of my Smok R200. It only screws down a little before getting stuck and leaves a 5mm gap between the atty's bottom and top of the mod. I don't want to force it. Basically, there's no way it will screw flush and connect with the 510 pin.

I'm having to run the Hellboy modestly on the Subox mini. It doesn't look pretty but it works.

Does it not fit my Smok because my new RDA is a clone? I would like to upgrade to a Tsunami, Mutation X v4s or even a Twisted Messes sq and don't want shell out for an original to be left disappointed.

I'm using a smok r200 and it will will pretty much take whatever I throw at it, I'm sure the centre pin is spring loaded. Have you checked that the threads are not damaged on your hell boy? I have a 13 heavens and a twisted messes I use on my smok, both clones.

Some Mods don't always have a deep enough 510 connector so you will be left with a wee gap twixt atty and box.
But 5mm seems a lot!
Post up a wee picture of the threads of your dripper and if you can a shot of the 510 hole on the box.
Also, see if you can unscrew the 510 pin on the atty and give it all a good swab out, some gunk might have built up. Screw it all back together and it might go deeper into the connector on the box.

I'm using a smok r200 and it will will pretty much take whatever I throw at it, I'm sure the centre pin is spring loaded. Have you checked that the threads are not damaged on your hell boy? I have a 13 heavens and a twisted messes I use on my smok, both clones.
Possible that the threads on the clone are not precise enough for the Smok but it baffles me that it's smooth on kangertech [emoji53]

Some Mods don't always have a deep enough 510 connector so you will be left with a wee gap twixt atty and box.
But 5mm seems a lot!
Post up a wee picture of the threads of your dripper and if you can a shot of the 510 hole on the box.
Also, see if you can unscrew the 510 pin on the atty and give it all a good swab out, some gunk might have built up. Screw it all back together and it might go deeper into the connector on the box.
Tried removing and adjusting 510 pin. It's definitely an issue with the atty thread but the Subox takes it, no problem.

This doesn't bother me if it's down to cheap machining of a clone. I'm more than happy using a single coil at 30w. Most importantly it's introduced me to a style of vaping that, surprisingly, I really enjoy.

Feeling now that this isn't a common issue. Think I'll play it safe though and make my next purchase in a shop where I can test drive [emoji12]
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458851871.403751.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458851884.985839.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458851903.728240.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458851918.418675.jpg
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1458851930.475133.jpg

Very weird why that won't fit on your smok, probably a one in a million situations like that and your just unlucky. Defiantly visit your local shop and try it on first, I'm sure you will have no bother.

Hope you get it sorted soon my friend [emoji10][emoji100][emoji100] [emoji106]

Very weird why that won't fit on your smok, probably a one in a million situations like that and your just unlucky. Defiantly visit your local shop and try it on first, I'm sure you will have no bother.

Hope you get it sorted soon my friend [emoji10][emoji100][emoji100] [emoji106]
Thanks for your input bud.

My luck will change, as soon as I find a shop that stocks a Tsunami or TM Sq [emoji16]

Thanks for your input bud.

My luck will change, as soon as I find a shop that stocks a Tsunami or TM Sq [emoji16]
If you're after a authentic to play with how about a wotofo lush or atty3 can be had in b&M's for about 20-25

Back
Top Bottom