What's new

restriction predictions

It's my nearest bigger supermarket too, there's a smallish Co-Op but it's not that big and you couldn't really get everything you need in there.

About 6 miles away in the next (bigger) town we have Adsa, Sainburys, Morrisons, Iceland, lidl, M&S etc and 8 miles away in the other direction there's a huge Tesco.

I think Waitrose purposely put it there in a more out of the way location away from the others, it's never busy though, so I'm not sure how they keep going.

asda is really awful. sainsbury’s and morrison’s can be okay, but they vary from one store to the next. iceland is decent, as you know what to expect. only waitrose and lidl are reliable. and i hate the massive enormous supermarkets. you can never find anything in those places.

asda is really awful. sainsbury’s and morrison’s can be okay, but they vary from one store to the next. iceland is decent, as you know what to expect. only waitrose and lidl are reliable. and i hate the massive enormous supermarkets. you can never find anything in those places.

I can never find what I want in Waitrose! ... it's not super big though, so very limited ranges (other than wine and cheese) but I can't live on wine and cheese. :D

There's a really nice spacious Morrisons, that seems to have everything but it's the furthest away from me.

I have an Aldi a few minutes from my place and over the last couple of years I've got into the habit of buying the bulk of my shopping from there - but now they've re-arranged the shop. I now wander around for ages with a slightly panicky lost kid expression as I can't find anything.

I have an Aldi a few minutes from my place and over the last couple of years I've got into the habit of buying the bulk of my shopping from there - but now they've re-arranged the shop. I now wander around for ages with a slightly panicky lost kid expression as I can't find anything.

Know what you mean. I hate supermarkets but when they reshuffle things tis an absolute nightmare.

How did this become the "compare the supermarket.com" thread?

DigitalGrandBrocketdeer-size_restricted.gif

I'm posh, so I deserve to shop in Waitrose but cant afford it. Co-op are con merchants, never under stood the hype. 30-35 years ago, yes, they were awesome, then they went pseudo hipster and became false bourgeois.

The good thing in your favour is at least you can see, Imagine the same scenario except you can't see. Luckily my local Asda is 5 mins walk and a small store, I know where most things are now. All supermarkets have to much financial clout which ruins business for the small companies. An example, Milk. We no longer have milkmen. Milk is cheaper now than when i was a kid due to supermarkets, You can get 2 litres for a quid. In 1988 4 pints of milk was a quid.

The good thing in your favour is at least you can see, Imagine the same scenario except you can't see. Luckily my local Asda is 5 mins walk and a small store, I know where most things are now. All supermarkets have to much financial clout which ruins business for the small companies. An example, Milk. We no longer have milkmen. Milk is cheaper now than when i was a kid due to supermarkets, You can get 2 litres for a quid. In 1988 4 pints of milk was a quid.

We still have milkmen but you wouldn't want to pay the prices, milk delivery has become some sort of luxury for the well off these days.

Back
Top Bottom