What's new

Should we be encouraging this?

Dezy

Postman
I have just seen a manufacturers post about how the new version has a pod with coil fixed in it (disposable) unlike the old version and several disposable pod reviews etc. But ... should we be encouraging this? This is just another way of putting more waste plastic out there and totally unnecessary .. I just can't get my head around it other than profit reasons, can you name one good reason for a disposable pod?

Hi Dezy

Many pod kits have throw away pods which is so much better than disposable kits like a geekbar or the like.

Whilst throw away pods are not ideal for the environment they are easier and more attractive to newbies. I vape pods mainly mostly disposables pods because i prefer them and saves faffing about with coils

Id still rather that then smoking cigarettes. There are pros and cons and its a very touchy subject tbh. They have been around for many years now though, nothing new. But they are very different to the disposable vape kits.

Hi Dezy

Many pod kits have throw away pods which is so much better than disposable kits like a geekbar or the like.

Whilst throw away pods are not ideal for the environment they are easier and more attractive to newbies. I vape pods mainly mostly disposables pods because i prefer them and saves faffing about with coils

Id still rather that then smoking cigarettes. There are pros and cons and its a very touchy subject tbh. They have been around for many years now though, nothing new. But they are very different to the disposable vape kits.

I get that they are better than disposable vapes, but is there a reason why the pods can't be designed to just pop the exact same coil out and replace it with a new one, and top up with the exact same juice ?

Trust me to hit on a touchy subject.. but I was watching someone vaping away on their pod, then they pulled out the pod and threw it in the bin, then getting a new pod out of a massively oversized plastic package and throwing that away too, it just got me to thinking that this is just wrong, but the bit I am really questioning is the need for this? convenience is obviously one of them, and I can see that it is easier but surely the same coils and the same juice would negate the waste and wouldn't be that much harder? and yes anything is better than fags.

Some people are happier keeping things as simple as possible and can be intimidated by simple things like priming and changing a coil,

Personally I only use rebuildables and mods with external batteries, but as a newb if the only option I had was to buy a mod, batteries, charger, RDA/RBA, coils, cotton and a build kit I would have said "NOPE" walked out of the shop and stuck with cigarettes.

Fixed coil pods/Juul etc aren't for me, but a lot of people successfully quit smoking by using them.

I get that they are better than disposable vapes, but is there a reason why the pods can't be designed to just pop the exact same coil out and replace it with a new one, and top up with the exact same juice ?

Trust me to hit on a touchy subject.. but I was watching someone vaping away on their pod, then they pulled out the pod and threw it in the bin, then getting a new pod out of a massively oversized plastic package and throwing that away too, it just got me to thinking that this is just wrong, but the bit I am really questioning is the need for this? convenience is obviously one of them, and I can see that it is easier but surely the same coils and the same juice would negate the waste and wouldn't be that much harder? and yes anything is better than fags.

Hey

Agree, tbh i use both types of pods but for some unknown reason the throw pods have tastier longing lasting coils in them. No idea why.

Thinking of reaching out to a few manufacturers about it as i dont understand why they are different.

I hear you, I would rather cut down on waste too, but there are people out there that would rather not have to faff around changing coils, and there are also some who might struggle with it due to sight or dexterity issues. I don't like it ............. but I'd rather they vaped than smoked, at the end of the day?

Certainly a hot topic on here. No easy answer I'm afraid.

Genuine question as I've been thinking about this. I know we all don't like waste and would prefer as little waste as possible of course and some people get very het up about it which I totally get but, how do I word this, hmm right say someone uses a pod to quit smoking and goes through say a fixed coil pod a week, how does that compare environmentally compared to say 20 cigarette ends a day for the week as well as the smoke and all the pollutants that contains? Isn't it better for the person and the environment that they do quit?
I'm genuinely asking as cig butts cause all end of problem with leaching nicotine into the ground, to the water courses and of course the smoke pollutes the air so how does that compare to a pod?

Back
Top Bottom