What's new

SMOK TFV8 Baby RBA

Martin Cook

Initiate
Hi,

I have been vaping for a while now and over the last year been making my own juices.
Recently I invested in a TFV8 RBA. Once I resolved the inherent glass size issue I started in the world of building coils.
So far I have been building a new one daily. Please see the pic below.
This is a 3mm inner diameter, Kanthal A1, 7 wraps.
I used the scottish role technique and cotton bacon wick.
I checked on steam engine and ohms should be 3.3 wattage 56.
My ohms come out at 3.22 which seems good. No leaks and nice air bubbles when I vape.I am running my device at 46 Watts.
My question is this. My wickes start tasting burnt after 1 day (20ml juice), I am guessing this is normal?
Also my flavour seems to be diminishing very quick? This could be just my mix of juice, I am going to create a different flavour later today.
Maybe you can see a fault in my build below?
Just out of interest I am currently vaping a 2mg nic 70vg 30 pg flavour west blueberry.
I am going to make my favourite batch of Sweet strawberry cheesecake with a maple syrup topping to try with this device next.

20210210_132528.jpg

I'd suggest ditching the kanthal and using Ni80 or SS and spacing the wraps. I suspect those coils are retaining heat and burning your wicks.

Thanks John. I will get both and try. I bought my Kanthal from Stealth Vapes. Would you recommend buying from anywhere else?
Would it be worth trying a smaller wire too?

I don't think you stated the thickness of your Ka. Stealthvape are the go-to for wire tbh but others are out there too.

I use 24awg brochome for my mechs but tend to use whatever suits for what I'm building on, from Nife to Titanium through SS for making up claptons, use steam-engine to work out which wire and awg will work best for what you're aiming for.

Thank you John, I really appreciate your advise. I have just ordered some Ni80 24 AWG and SS 316L 26 AWG. Will have a play around and see what suits.:)2

Be very careful with the posts on it, back when I started vaping I picked up this RBA and one of the posts came loose within a week causing shorts/disconnects, leading me down the route of RTA's.

I'm not trying to knock it, and I know you weren't asking about this - just a heads up :D

I'd suggest ditching the kanthal and using Ni80 or SS and spacing the wraps. I suspect those coils are retaining heat and burning your wicks.
Exactly.
3.3 ohms... those are not vape coils but stoves

and I cant imagine how much that drains batteries

Back
Top Bottom