What's new

Which RDL Bridge for BB

Crispycritters

Achiever
The thread title sums it up really.

I'm a complete newbie to the Billet/AIO scene - got one two days ago via the classies and I'm currently using the stock RBA for RDL which has been problem free, but I could do with a bit more air restriction.

My criteria is -

Reasonable sized juice ports capable of freely wicking 70/30
A 510 adapter to check for hotspots
A 2.5mm Airpin
Be capable of trapping a 26/36 single clapton under those obligatory hateful little screws, so tabs or reasonable sized flat-head screws would be a major plus.
Not be habitually incontinent.
I don't do mesh.

I'm not even remotely interested in how capable it is of performing in MTL mode or care about inclusion of super restrictive air pins (for me that means anything below 1.5mm lol) if it includes a 2.5mm pin and has decent flavour the rest is academic as I intend to use it purely in RDL mode in the 25 Watt ballpark.

I will be looking to buy a clone - it doesn't have to be the current, just released, flavour of the month RBA , but still being able to buy one is a plus. I'm pretty clueless, and as there have been so many AIOs/Bridges released over the last few years I switched off ages ago and totally stopped paying attention lol, any suggestions or recommendations would be welcome.

Ta

I've got a SXK Mobb M2 you can have for the price of postage. I got it off @John R in a trade a while back.

It doesn't play nice with my Pulse mods as it has a hole in the bottom of the air pins which interferes with the adjustable screw in the Pulse. Should work great in a BB though, and ticks most/if not all of your boxes.

There are a few RBA's that you can RDL with and most of the ones that come with Airpins will be ok, i MTL most of the time but don't like it too tight. The Bishop and Pioneer Insider are both Good Choices though the Bishop might be on the tight side, also the Dope should be great for RDL and you can actually DTL with it, i think the largest Airflow Pin is 3.0mm. I have one coming from China. There is one in the classies but not sure if it has the Pins.

I've got a SXK Mobb M2 you can have for the price of postage. I got it off @John R in a trade a while back.

It doesn't play nice with my Pulse mods as it has a hole in the bottom of the air pins which interferes with the adjustable screw in the Pulse. Should work great in a BB though, and ticks most/if not all of your boxes.

I've just had a quick look and it ticks all of them. I really like the look of the clamps as my biggest anxiety would be struggling with claptons and tiny screws lol and the juice ports and pin sizes are exactly what I had in mind.

I'll definitely say yes to your generous offer. PM on way.

I've just had a quick look and it ticks all of them. I really like the look of the clamps as my biggest anxiety would be struggling with claptons and tiny screws lol and the juice ports and pin sizes are exactly what I had in mind.

I'll definitely say yes to your generous offer. PM on way.

It's a decent bridge, and the authentics have a big cult following. My only advice would be you have to cut the leads as close to the posts as humanly possible.

Anyway, I shall await your PM :)

It's a decent bridge, and the authentics have a big cult following. My only advice would be you have to cut the leads as close to the posts as humanly possible.

Anyway, I shall await your PM :)

Thanks.

I've got into the habit of pushing the coil so it touches the post, cutting, then backing off the coil and clamping the wire down with small RBAs and MTL tanks so, hopefully, I won't run into problems and I should have the opportunity to test the build on a mod and in the boro before I fill the tank so if I do screw up a build with a full tank it should be easy to remember afterwards as it looks like tinkering with a full boro can get a bit messy lol.

I think I've probably been lucky so far, I've had no connectivity issues or leaks - at the moment the only thing I'm finding a bit irritating is I keep taking off the wrong door to check the juice level and refill but I'll remember eventually.

The Atom RDA and Dope can do RDTL, if you're interested I can do both for £40 incl boro's or £30 for just the RDA's incl post. Just PM if interested. :)

The Atom RDA and Dope can do RDTL, if you're interested I can do both for £40 incl boro's or £30 for just the RDA's incl post. Just PM if interested. :)

At the moment I'm trying to avoid the rabbit hole so I'll pass. I need to do a lot of research before making decisions on getting anything as I've pretty much ignored everything boro related for years so I've a lot of homework to do before I figure out what is what, but with luck the Mobb 2 should do what I need - and as I'm not fussed about MTL the fact the smallest pin with the Mobb 2 is 1.5mm is a good sign lol.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom