What's new

Struggling :(

.20 is absolutely fine, and I vape anywhere between .5 and 1.4ohm, show us some photos of a build, Aaron1988

Edit: Ignore, should check to see if thread extends beyond first page!

Thats a 1ohm microcoil,but I think I do need it at 2ohms as it is really hot and harsh on my throat

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

sorry to hear that... but thankfully for me.. it worked well... my first / second attempt at building a coil.. used a 0.20 mm kanthal!

That looks a hell of a lot thicker than what im using

may be cuz of the (too) close up pic?

Just had another go, 2 strands of 0.20 twisted and 5 wraps has got me 1.9ohms closest I have got yet,pretty much dead on.

Attachments

• 1389809863535.jpg
    1389809863535.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 44
I'm sure i read somewhere on here last night that 0.20 is to thin for micro coils.

I've been struggling with 0.20 myself. I found i got some better results if i took 2 strands and twisted them together and then made the coil using that.

I'm sure i read somewhere on here last night that 0.20 is to thin for micro coils.

I've been struggling with 0.20 myself. I found i got some better results if i took 2 strands and twisted them together and then made the coil using that.

Thats what I have I the pics above mate,alot better now

Ok thanks and yeah I have seen a few builds with people using .28 & .32 which would be easiest to wrap as this .20 is well springy

Do you torch the wire before you wrap it? It takes the spring out of it.

Sent from somewhere in Kent.
www.vapechat.co.uk - Vaping chat room

Just had another go, 2 strands of 0.20 twisted and 5 wraps has got me 1.9ohms closest I have got yet,pretty much dead on.

good one...btw i checked my old posts... my bad.. it wasnt 0.20 mm.. it was 0.32 mm.. ha ha. u were right. it was indeed a much thicker wire! next one i will be doing.. will try the 0.20 one n let u know!

good one...btw i checked my old posts... my bad.. it wasnt 0.20 mm.. it was 0.32 mm.. ha ha. u were right. it was indeed a much thicker wire! next one i will be doing.. will try the 0.20 one n let u know!

Dont bother lol,im going to order some 0.28, 0.30 and 0.32 they seem the most used so will have a play with each

Aaron1988, dont bother with the varieties just stick with .30 Kanthal from Stealthvape, I use it for microcoils in the Kayfun, 8 or 9 wraps on a 2.5mm shaft with a cotton wick. Works every time, coil lasts for weeks & weeks, takes about 4 minutes to rewick...:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom