What's new

Stubby tank

Rickster

Legend
Im not getting on with this fkin tank, I've had multiple builds in, different cottons, lots of cotton , next to fk all cotton.
Gave up on the MTL thingy that is dry hit city.
I can get it going good guns as it is now ( 3mm id flat wire 60 0.35ohms and only running at a mere 12.5 watts).....but it doesn't last n goes tits up when left for an hour or so.... it's as if the cotton settles down or something then dry hits.
It's in last chance saloon I've near put 60mls through this n wicked it more times than any other tank I have had in my puff including Gennies and they were a bastard......ain't nobody got time for this shit.

That's it been running half n hour.... all is well, but I can feel the doom in my watter.
Im aware it must be me cos lots of folks have no issues, but it's got me beat.

Such a shame your not getting on with it ...I can totally forget about checking juice levels coz it'll keep wicking till the ropes are dry (way after the tank looks empty

Such a shame your not getting on with it ...I can totally forget about checking juice levels coz it'll keep wicking till the ropes are dry (way after the tank looks empty

Just one of them things....the only thing I can think of is I may have 2 of the ropes a bawhair or so high, once it goes tits up again I will strip it n see if that makes any difference.

Just one of them things....the only thing I can think of is I may have 2 of the ropes a bawhair or so high, once it goes tits up again I will strip it n see if that makes any difference.
Have you handled the ropes at all ?
I haven't touched mine as even oils off your hands can affect wicking ..
Two of mine are on a right fucking wonky angle but I darent touch it coz it's working ok ...
I' m using ss316 in temp as well dunno if that's helping .but the wick is always wet whenever I've checked

Have you handled the ropes at all ?
I haven't touched mine as even oils off your hands can affect wicking ..
Two of mine are on a right fucking wonky angle but I darent touch it coz it's working ok ...
I' m using ss316 in temp as well dunno if that's helping .but the wick is always wet whenever I've checked

Aye I messed with them cos 2 were touching, so cleaned them as well, will try taking a torch pg/vg to them

@Rickster Did you say you got the MTL kit too?

There's wick hole plugs in the kit
Can you measure one?

Woot woot 10,000 th post :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom