What's new

Stubby tank

Good news Suicide Mods have spare rods in stock, which I think they plan to put on their website soonish, Aaron at customer services is sending me out replacement rods today free of charge

ssrods.jpg
Replacement rods arrived today, straight away noticed a big difference these ones are looser in the rod holes, my OG ones needed to be twisted n forced in....so we are off and running and it's wicking like a champ:)

Glad to hear it, the first stubby tank I had that Gary has got, the rods were very tight in the holes ehen i got it but when I cleaned it for the first time I think I put them back in different holes and they all fit looser and worked better.

Glad to hear it, the first stubby tank I had that Gary has got, the rods were very tight in the holes ehen i got it but when I cleaned it for the first time I think I put them back in different holes and they all fit looser and worked better.

Bizzare.....I measured one of my last rods 2.5mm, 2.64mm, 2.73mm and 2.82mm , that's one rod .....will prob measure these on a clean out, just to see.

Bizzare.....I measured one of my last rods 2.5mm, 2.64mm, 2.73mm and 2.82mm , that's one rod .....will prob measure these on a clean out, just to see.
I imagine it's quite difficult to make them all uniform. With anything that is essentially a bunch of wires twisted together there is going to be some variation.
Now that mine are working well I'm Just going to make sure I always put them back in the same holes lol

I imagine it's quite difficult to make them all uniform. With anything that is essentially a bunch of wires twisted together there is going to be some variation.
Now that mine are working well I'm Just going to make sure I always put them back in the same holes lol

Suppose...... looks like to me 2.50mm is what they aim for

Sussed out the wicking a few weeks ago....now all the reviews that I've seen have the rods poking up into the deck juice well thingy at random different heights.....so that was what I was doing.
Fk no...no...no...no.....mines are set flush, so the juice pools into the well.....and all is now well n has been for weeks....fkin reviews:)
If you are struggling to wick this thing set the rods flush in the juice well.

Back
Top Bottom