What's new

Tanks that didn't become popular ..... and died.

Was the genuine better as far as leaks and suchlike though, @eyeball kid ?
Better but not perfect. I ordered two separate packs of new o rings whilst using it as it sprang a few leaks.
The best way to sort the clones where to buy the sm replacement o rings and replace the clone one's.
The clones (at least the one I have) is an incredible feat. It's genuinely a 1:1 clone. Actually it's probably the moment that the clone companies really stepped up their game and nailed it.
Each part was obviously scanned into a computer and reproduced perfectly. (Obviously I can't vouch for the standard of the metal apart from mine is still perfect).
They just cheaped out on the o rings.

well it died .... but it was really really popular once, The V3 was ok but the first one was utter shite, I have no idea why everyone was raving about it.

The original goblin V1 pic for reference.....was good I still have 2... takes n age to coil wick n fill these days......but I bring em out now and again...then in there wisdom they decided to fk about with it with minis....n all that modern top fill stuff...n..that was that.
2982b24b85ed221fbdec7343183a49f0.jpg

I have @simong 's old KFV4 clone ....... tried it once but was too scared to try it again! Feck me it was like the Krypton Factor trying to put that together! :D

I should nominate the Ruzgar RTA - I love the clone and have several, still in use, but it was specifically for the combination of glass and metal tank guard with a KF-like vape that worked well on an e-pipe stem, same way a Nauti cage tank worked. I think I'm the only person in the world that liked it though! :D

The Nautilus X never lived up to it's pedigree. I know that they did sell initially, but there were reports of muted flavour with it. Considering how well the original/mini/2 did I think this was a bit of a fail.

I got a couple of KFV4s in 2016 and the Infinite clone is excellent - bought it from Provapes because I couldn't wait for Chinese delivery times.
You need a good tool kit to strip them down including vernier calipers to measure o-rings, because some will need swapping to stop leaking. I swapped #18 for a 12 x 1.5 which worked well, although #16 can give problems as well.
Don''t get used much now - it's a big heavy tank, and subsequently I discovered mini V3s.

Back
Top Bottom