What's new

THC Tauren MTL RDA leaking from air intake?

MTB Vaper

Postman
The Tauren MTL RDA keeps leaking from air intake, I've taken it apart again cant see were it can be leaking from, even with 80/20 liquid it leaks just slower.

First check all the o-rings are correctly positioned on the top and bottom of the glass, also check the o'ring/seal at the top that stops air getting in after you refit/close the top cap after filling.

If the seals/o-rings are good it is a wicking problem and you need to use a little more cotton for the wick.

when wicking twist the end of the cotton to a tight point and feed it through the coil. it must have some resistance when sliding through the coil - it should pull on the coil slightly but not enough that you have to use force to pull the wick through. When the cotton is fed through the coil cut it so each cotton 'leg' is the appropriate length. make sure the cotton you have twisted to a point is cut away and binned. Feel the cotton into the juice ports - use a pointy tool or the blade of a very small screwdriver if necessary and fill the juice ports. The cotton in the juice ports should not be packed in - if it appears too tight take the cotton out of the juice ports and thin it by combing it out with a pin/pointy tweezers or similar.

Wicking is the most challenging aspectr about building RTAs and nobody gets it right first time. Don't get frustrated as practically everyone goes through the same learning curve at first.

try to use the method of feeding the cotton through the coil fairly tightly and thinning the wicks for the juice ports if necessary. Don't be tempted to use thinner cotton through the coil as this method seldom works - it may seem ok at first but the centre of the cotton will burn out quickly.

First check all the o-rings are correctly positioned on the top and bottom of the glass, also check the o'ring/seal at the top that stops air getting in after you refit/close the top cap after filling.

If the seals/o-rings are good it is a wicking problem and you need to use a little more cotton for the wick.

when wicking twist the end of the cotton to a tight point and feed it through the coil. it must have some resistance when sliding through the coil - it should pull on the coil slightly but not enough that you have to use force to pull the wick through. When the cotton is fed through the coil cut it so each cotton 'leg' is the appropriate length. make sure the cotton you have twisted to a point is cut away and binned. Feel the cotton into the juice ports - use a pointy tool or the blade of a very small screwdriver if necessary and fill the juice ports. The cotton in the juice ports should not be packed in - if it appears too tight take the cotton out of the juice ports and thin it by combing it out with a pin/pointy tweezers or similar.

Wicking is the most challenging aspectr about building RTAs and nobody gets it right first time. Don't get frustrated as practically everyone goes through the same learning curve at first.

try to use the method of feeding the cotton through the coil fairly tightly and thinning the wicks for the juice ports if necessary. Don't be tempted to use thinner cotton through the coil as this method seldom works - it may seem ok at first but the centre of the cotton will burn out quickly.

Think I've solved it, followed poor advice on Mike's vapes video on the wick lenght‍♂️ made them longer this time so when fed through they just touch the bottom of the juice well. It was flooding through the wick holes.
What I hate about this tank its almost impossible to see the juice level. I'm going to mod the metal honey cone shield next time I have it apart.

I've cut away nearly all of the metal honey cone tank sheild as with the honey cone and chimney being both black and small 2ml capacity it was impossible to see juice level. Can easily the liquid level now and it's still very strong tightening it together.

Finally happy swapped the 1.5mm coil hole to 1.2mm, fitted the longer drip tip so can direct the vapour properly. It works alot better with a primer puff, thanks for the help everyone

Since using slightly longer wick so theres a relaxed sweep to the juice wick holes had zero leakage or gurgling. Previously I was pushing the wick down the holes so there was tension on the wicks sweep.

Back
Top Bottom