What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Thought I would put my pennys worth in. Always been MTL for a good while now. Tried lots of different tanks such as kanger protank etc. Spent a fortune on different liquids, tanks and coils. After all that, I am settling on a Nautilus tank with 1.8 Clapton coils. Marvelous flavour and would highly recommend them.
I tried my first DTL last night and nearly killed me lol. Think I will stick to MTL.

Thought I would put my pennys worth in. Always been MTL for a good while now. Tried lots of different tanks such as kanger protank etc. Spent a fortune on different liquids, tanks and coils. After all that, I am settling on a Nautilus tank with 1.8 Clapton coils. Marvelous flavour and would highly recommend them.
I tried my first DTL last night and nearly killed me lol. Think I will stick to MTL.

This was the setup I used before I got my kf v4. Nautilus with the clapton coil can't be beat for the money in my book.

Triton Mini arrived, the 1.2 coil feels more like sub ohm than MTL, but flavour is good. Lets see how the 1.8ohm goes..

1.8 clapton coils are much better for mtl but do require a bit more wattage than normal coils.

I've been having a play with Hurricane clone over the weekend & I must have ballsed something up. I built it the same as I do the Taifun but the flavour's not there. Read up a bunch of stuff on it & can't see anything I've done wonky. Also managed to jam the airflow ring playing with the settings, somehow. Gonna strip it down tomorrow & give it another clean & build to see if I can get anywhere with it

I found I got my best results with the Hurricane by doing an S Wick, don't stint on the wicking material and build at around .8 to 1.2 ohm and it should be there.;)

^
|
This, worked every time for
Me, I had problems with stuck afc's, the ball bearing jams, need to be quite aggressive and force it back into movement.

I found I got my best results with the Hurricane by doing an S Wick, don't stint on the wicking material and build at around .8 to 1.2 ohm and it should be there.;)

Cheers Rob, it was bang on 1.2 ohms, spaced coil. Going to give a micro coil a try tonight & use the S Wick after watching Phil Busardo wick his. I suspect it'll need another rinse too even though it had 8 cycles in the Ultra Sonic. I had high hopes for this tank so hopefully that'll hit the spot

^
|
This, worked every time for
Me, I had problems with stuck afc's, the ball bearing jams, need to be quite aggressive and force it back into movement.

Cheers Moley, I'll get the rubber gloves on it & give it a bulling after it's had another bath, I tend to be quite heavy handed so I think I go easy on these atties incase they snap in half :D

I was not so happy with my Hurricane compared to the Taifun. The Taifun open all the way is my perfect regular draw but the Hurricane just felt a little too airy and was not giving me the dense flavour I get off the Taifun. Have to try some more builds but I think for me the Taifun wins.

I think I'm with @gabianovape87 here. I've stripped this Hurricane down, given it another Jacuzzi, rinsed it out, hand dried it & given it a blast with the hair drier then left it to dry for an hour. Put another 1.2ohm coil in there & the S-Wick (though it's a pretty crappy S :P) & I'm just not digging it.

Tried it at 10w to 12.5w with different airflow settings (that I finally bulled into life) & kinda finding it a harsh vape at 9mg Nic. It's what I use it all the other MTL atties & goes down a treat in the Taifun. The flavour doesn't seem to be all that either

I'll give it another 24 hours & 7mg juice but if I'm still unimpressed it's going in the vape drawer

It's a shame because in white it looks pretty cool on my Sig with the white sleeve & I really wanted to enjoy the Hurricane

Back
Top Bottom