What's new

The return to MTL and restricted lung vaping

Just got a new tank in that I am really liking. I think it is along the same lines as the new KF5 so there will be a showdown when it arrives. Its called the Merlin from Augvape and have been messing around with them this afternoon. Here is a picture for any that have not seen it yet.
pre-order-authentic-augvape-merlin-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-4ml-23mm-diameter.jpg

Anyway its really good for the flavour and comes with a airhole reducer just like the one SM have released for the KF5. For me with the reducer and half open afc its about two to three times more airy than the KF3 wide open so I am primarily using this as a restricted lung hitting tank.

Great tank for all you single coil restricted lung hitters out there and its built really well to so might be worth checking out for new shiny.

Hi there,
I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest as I much prefer MTL. This could be because it's only 17 weeks since I came off the dreaded stinkies but most of the time i just prefer the experience.
I have bought a few things from FT some of which have arrived. A gem clone and an Ubertoot clone for example and have really enjoyed those, especially the Ubertoot and am waiting for deliveries of A Kayfun 4, a Taifun GTS-2 and a Rose Stumpy form FT. I also succumbed to a Kayfun 5 form 3F and am hoping that the restrictive add ons will also be available. These are all clones I'm afraid but am looking forward to trying them all.
Yesterday i received a Firebird which has been played with for about 24 hours now and I'm really enjoying and just one more coming a Kraken so I can try this mesh thingy that everyone tells me about.
i think this places me in the MTL area for quite a while.

Cheers,
Alistair

Hi there,
I've been reading this thread with a lot of interest as I much prefer MTL. This could be because it's only 17 weeks since I came off the dreaded stinkies but most of the time i just prefer the experience.
I have bought a few things from FT some of which have arrived. A gem clone and an Ubertoot clone for example and have really enjoyed those, especially the Ubertoot and am waiting for deliveries of A Kayfun 4, a Taifun GTS-2 and a Rose Stumpy form FT. I also succumbed to a Kayfun 5 form 3F and am hoping that the restrictive add ons will also be available. These are all clones I'm afraid but am looking forward to trying them all.
Yesterday i received a Firebird which has been played with for about 24 hours now and I'm really enjoying and just one more coming a Kraken so I can try this mesh thingy that everyone tells me about.
i think this places me in the MTL area for quite a while.

Cheers,
Alistair

I tried sub-ohming today as my subtank is being very neglected lately, found the whole experience quite unpleasant to be honest...... went back to my new Fasttech toy very quickly. :D

I got a Kayfun V4 (Tobeco) in a trade recently. I was curious about them. Had to give it a good service: clean up the threads, new o'rings etc. It also came with no glass middle section, so I fashioned one from an empty plastic juice bottle - just until I could get a replacement. Having worked out recently with @Rob's help that cotton + tobacco = high maintenance, i've using it with my cleaner juices, a Braspberry/Cola/Mint (which is suiting the warmer weather)

What I was trying to work out was if there was a place in my life for a Kayfun 5, and could I cope with such a huge tank.

Been using it on an Esquare, which is a pretty short mod with loads of battery life. It's working out well for me. Nearly a day on a tank, couple of days between charges. Working out so well I wonder if I need a Kayfun 5 at all?

The Kayfun 4 got some pretty bad press, and I can see why. Once you learn its ways, and get gold springs, it's a good tank.

I'm coming up to one year of vaping. Should be getting a tax rebate cheque re-issued around the same time. Thinking of getting something genuine for once, and reducing my collection....

Back
Top Bottom