What's new

The VariAnt

Build someone? That I HAVE TO SEE!!!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Bloody phone, build someTHING haha

Fuckin hell Raggers, 100amps, you're going to need an AGM Lead Acid battery for that level of current or a really monstrously dangerous LiPo pack, and at 100 amps you will probably need some kind of thermal control for the atty. You do realise there is such a thing as diminishing returns?. There comes a point where you will be physically unable to handle the amount and temperature of the vapour. Too much vapour in one lungful will actually start to asphyxiate you and you still wont manage that much more of a cloud...

65c constant 6000mah lipo, using very short runs of 12awg turnigy silicone wire. :) for that battery, 100 amps isn't even pushing it.
Have an igo m on it's way, 3x3mm on each side, tbh, I probably won't use 100 amps, lowest I want to go is around 0.06 to 0.08.. but knowing I could go down that low... ooh my.

Will a 510 take 100 amps ??
I seriously doubt it will for long.

That's one of the issues I'm having, think the only way I can do it is to have a mod style connection tapped into the top of the box, which will then be insulated itself so it's not part of the main structure

Last edited:
Hybrid it Raguri, then you'll not be restricted by the 510 connector as it won't have one:)

I've got a plan for a 510 connection that will easily take 100a. Self adjusting too, within reason. Doubt Raguri will be interested though, its not coppee or unobtanium

Bloody phone, build someTHING haha

65c constant 6000mah lipo, using very short runs of 12awg turnigy silicone wire. :) for that battery, 100 amps isn't even pushing it.
Have an igo m on it's way, 3x3mm on each side, tbh, I probably won't use 100 amps, lowest I want to go is around 0.06 to 0.08.. but knowing I could go down that low... ooh my.

That's one of the issues I'm having, think the only way I can do it is to have a mod style connection tapped into the top of the box, which will then be insulated itself so it's not part of the main structure

If you can get 4mm dia copper 510 positive thru that should give 49mmsq conductor more than big enough without serious volt drop
Edit sorry it's only 12.5 mmsq nowhere near enough

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Last edited:

Just as a matter of interest I did the calculations - 0.06 Ohms @ 4.2v is 294 watts, 70 amps, and just for shits and giggles - 0.02ohms is 882 watts at 210 amps:jawdrop:

Hybrid it Raguri, then you'll not be restricted by the 510 connector as it won't have one:)

Now this I would love to do, but the lack of a 3d cnc machine makes that an impossibility :(

I've got a plan for a 510 connection that will easily take 100a. Self adjusting too, within reason. Doubt Raguri will be interested though, its not coppee or unobtanium

Ooh I am I am! Any ideas are good to me atm, still in planning and saving.phase.

If you can get 4mm dia copper 510 positive thru that should give 49mmsq conductor more than big enough without serious volt drop
Edit sorry it's only 12.5 mmsq nowhere near enough

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

Currently looking at the price of a short rod of silver... mum has a few accounts with jewellery suppliers so that may come in handy... it's that connection, and the battery harness one that's really making me think..

Just as a matter of interest I did the calculations - 0.06 Ohms @ 4.2v is 294 watts, 70 amps, and just for shits and giggles - 0.02ohms is 882 watts at 210 amps:jawdrop:

... yep. :D 300 watts is my goal, but 294 is close enough!

6mm diameter post should do
should give 27mmsq or thereabouts
would have to be hybrid
How the feck does it wick fast enough ?? @Raguri

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom