What's new

Vape Mesh Company composite cotton pads

Firadar

Postman
Has anyone tried these yet?

A friend of mine brought some to the shop today for me to try.

They are supplied by the vape mesh company(with who I have only had good experiences) and are supposedly to be used as wick.

I cut a strip off stuck it through my coil, juiced it up and gave it a bash.

At first it thought it was amazing, great taste, great wicking. However it quickly began to taste burnt. Took the top of my dripper, took a look at the coil. To my surprise I found it completely empty, where the hell did the wick go? Turns out it melted! There was this gunk that looked like melted plastic stuck to the coil.

Now the pads are composite meaning there are two layers one which looks like normal cotton pad material and another that looks like some sort of nonstick cotton, like what you find on plasters. Thinking that maybe this is the bit that melted, I stripped it off and tried again with just the 'cotton'.

Again it just melted after only a couple of drags. Now I have used a lot of cotton wicks in my time and not once had anything melted. My only conclusion can be that these are not cotton at all but some sort of synthetic material. Tastes like plastic so I will not try to vape with it again.

Sorry for lack of pictures, if when I get home and be bothered to wrap another coil just to ruin it I can add some photos to show how it melts.

Back
Top Bottom