What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

You've still got however many nic shots at full tax rate...
.. and I can't see how longfills would be sold as fish food, so expect many/most flavours to be banned, and longfill only allowed with 10ml of flavouring (which would be taxed at zero nic rate)...
.. or something like that - they look fucked.

From ELFC.....

1) It's planned to be introduced in October 2026. So nothing will change in the short term.
2) The tax will most likely be based on nicotine strength, with 20mg being taxed at £3.00 per 10ml. However, there may be a further consultation before any concrete measures are announced, so the figures could change.
3) It's unlikely that the current government will be in power in 2026, and a new government could have their own ideas.
4) I can't see how the tax could be applied to concentrates, and I'm sure we can figure something out for Longfills too.
5) Price increases will be relevant. So the savings you get from DIY and Longfills should still be the same in percentage terms.
6) We'll be keeping a close eye on developments and will update customers with any new and relevant information.

what a fukin joke

100ml zero nic shortfill £10 + £10 tax + £6 for 2 nic shots = £26 for 100ml
100ml premium juice £19.99 + £10 + £6 for 2 nic shots = £35.99

what a fukin joke

100ml zero nic shortfill £10 + £10 tax + £6 for 2 nic shots = £26 for 100ml
100ml premium juice £19.99 + £10 + £6 for 2 nic shots = £35.99

You need to add VAT to the duty, so total = £29.20 (for £10 100ml shortfil + 2 nicshots).

Not seen anything indicating that.
Can't remember the exact verbiage, but it was pretty clear from the consultation response, and Sunak's announcement, they want to amend the TRPR to bring zero nic into its scope, and specifically mentions longfills and shortfills. ie legal zero nic juice will be same as nic juice, sold in 10ml bottles. De Facto ban on shortfills at the very least, there might be a loophole with longfills.

this situation is going crazy

however long and short of it, is (pun intended)

its not implemented it will be down to the chancellor on that day how rare will another chancellor use a suggestion by one from 2 years ago even if we can remember who it was two years ago, especially an opposition party?

plus we also have a long way to go we have another consultation (flavours) we have a ban plus we have a consultation now, that not a member of the public can even fill in as it's for juice manufacturers, not Bob from Digbeth to fill in who blows big arsed clouds.

but as I type lives are going on with people going "LOOPHOLES' where are the pesky loopholes

I see the announcement as a vote puller "We are in 2 years going to do this" Vote for us

Can't remember the exact verbiage, but it was pretty clear from the consultation response, and Sunak's announcement, they want to amend the TRPR to bring zero nic into its scope, and specifically mentions longfills and shortfills. ie legal zero nic juice will be same as nic juice, sold in 10ml bottles. De Facto ban on shortfills at the very least, there might be a loophole with longfills.

You mean this - from here?

While the market for non-nicotine vapes is currently a fraction of the overall vape market, the use of non-nicotine vapes and other consumer nicotine products is increasing among young people and younger men. This consultation feedback shows widespread support for regulating non-nicotine vapes and other consumer nicotine products under a similar regulatory framework as nicotine vapes. The UK Government will seek to introduce a range of regulatory making powers to protect young people from these products.

For non-nicotine vapes, the UK Government will impose age of sale restrictions to those aged 18 or above, ban the purchase of these products by others for those who are under 18 and ban the free distribution of these products (for example, samples). The UK Government also intends to bring forward regulations which will extend all these restrictions to other nicotine products (for example, pouches).

The UK Government also intends to include non-nicotine vapes and other consumer nicotine products in the scope of future regulations to:

• restrict flavours
  • restrict point of sale display and packaging and product presentation
  • enable FPNs to be issued as part of enforcement
  • close the potential for loopholes that could undermine our wider mission to reduce the appeal and accessibility of vapes to children
This will mean all consumer nicotine products and non-nicotine vapes are covered under a similar regulatory framework. Before any regulations are made, there would be an assessment of the impact of the proposed legislation and further consultation.

Assessment of impact and consulation before any regulations are made.

That's what happens when you start flogging cheap ass disposables to kids in stupid packaging and a useful cessation product becomes a national scourge and environmental nightmare.

Well done... :clapping:

Im no so sure disposables are to blame.....it's a separate issue, the people that use disposables don't use shortfills, longfills, nic shots, zero nic, concentrates and hug trees
It's as I see it an attempt to address TPD fk ups and a tax raid.

You mean this - from here?
There is another document floating about that looks very similar, and released around the same time with more specific details on longfills and shortfills, almost like they were deliberately trying to make it difficult. My eyes are not the best atmo, so you will have hunt down for yourself i'm afraid, its on one of the recent ban related threads on POTV.

Assessment of impact and consultation before any regulations are made.
Indeed. If you believe this hasn't already been decided, and it's not just a rubber stamping exercise from here on out, then i applaud your optimism.

Last edited:
Im no so sure disposables are to blame.....it's a separate issue, the people that use disposables don't use shortfills, longfills, nic shots, zero nic, concentrates and hug trees
It's as I see it an attempt to address TPD fk ups and a tax raid.
I do think its as a direct result tho - of the wanton pushing and sale of disposables - and the bad press they have garnered thru youth vaping and environmental issues that has caused them to look and say “ it will look good if we stop this - and while we are here … lets really get some tax in”

Ultimately its still the disposable issue at the route of it all

Back
Top Bottom