What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

Im no so sure disposables are to blame.....it's a separate issue, the people that use disposables don't use shortfills, longfills, nic shots, zero nic, concentrates and hug trees
It's as I see it an attempt to address TPD fk ups and a tax raid.

i don’t think it really is a separate issue in as much as all of the scrutiny about
vaping has been directly caused by the disposable boom. that’s what’s led to the huge media attention.

as far as i remember the first time there was even any mention of restricting flavours in the uk was in the scottish government’s zero waste scotland report on what to do about disposables.

Im no so sure disposables are to blame.....it's a separate issue, the people that use disposables don't use shortfills, longfills, nic shots, zero nic, concentrates and hug trees
It's as I see it an attempt to address TPD fk ups and a tax raid.

They are. However look want to look at it..... the straw that broke the camels back, the negative attention that forced action, the thing that got parents up in arms, the cheap and easy availability that lead to a spike in youth vaping.

It's not a coincidence. Before disposables there was no excuse to to put a 'sin tax' on vaping. Disposables gave them the excuse because it's no longer something good that adult ex-smokers do, it's something dodgy that your child does.

i don’t think it really is a separate issue in as much as all of the scrutiny about
vaping has been directly caused by the disposable boom. that’s what’s led to the huge media attention.

Blame them if it makes you feel better...but at no point was shortfills, longfills, concentrates, nic shots, rta's rba's rda's,aio's, fkin squonkers, big tanks, mentioned in the daily mail....it's being treated as a separate issue

They are. However look want to look at it..... the straw that broke the camels back, the negative attention that forced action, the thing that got parents up in arms, the cheap and easy availability that lead to a spike in youth vaping.

It's not a coincidence. Before disposables there was no excuse to to put a 'sin tax' on vaping. Disposables gave them the excuse because it's no longer something good that adult ex-smokers do, it's something dodgy that your child does.

Totally separate ....by banning disposables that does away with that, that is all that that does.

Blame them if it makes you feel better...but at no point was shortfills, longfills, concentrates, nic shots, rta's rba's rda's,aio's, fkin squonkers, big tanks, mentioned in the daily mail....it's being treated as a separate issue

They don't need to be, because in the eyes of the public all vaping is the same now. Bad and needs to be cracked down on.

You've seen that most people think vaping is worse for you than smoking now. You don't think that's disposables either causing that either? Why now if not? perfect timing. Don't get me wrong, they are only the excuse to do whatever they want, the excuse to tax vaping.

Totally separate ....by banning disposables that does away with that, that is all that that does.

It doesn't mate.... to us, sure.... but not to Mr and Mrs White tory voters who's kid is hiding vapes under their pillow. They want to see that shit completely banned because the industry can't be trusted or responsible.

... and it's really bad for you so it should be taxed like cigarettes..... obviously.

bottom line, the government think they have enough public support for what they are doing. (regardless of whether they have or not) More than that they think it will be a popular and vote winning move.

... and I don't believe they would have thought that if it wasn't for disposables.

It's a simple as that for me.

They don't need to be, because in the eyes of the public all vaping is the same now. Bad and needs to be cracked down on.

You've seen that most people think vaping is worse for you than smoking now. You don't think that's disposables either causing that either? Why now if not? perfect timing. Don't get me wrong, they are only the excuse to do whatever they want, the excuse to tax vaping.

At no point did I think they would only look at a disposable ban and that would be that, they form part of an agenda, but only a part , if anyone thought differently by thinking calling for a ban on them would be the end of it, well that's short short sighted imo

Back
Top Bottom