What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

bottom line, the government think they have enough public support for what they are doing. (regardless of whether they have or not) More than that they think it will be a popular and vote winning move.

... and I don't believe they would have thought that if it wasn't for disposables.

It's a simple as that for me.

Think TPD......well before disposables, anyhoo we differ that's cool, be a boring forum if we were all Zou's children:)

You don't think that's disposables either causing that either? Why now if not? perfect timing. Don't get me wrong, they are only the excuse to do whatever they want, the excuse to tax vaping.

No I don't think that is down to disposables.

Don't get me wrong. I agree disposables are the direct route cause of all the negative attention vaping is getting now but when it comes to why people now think vaping is worse than smoking, I think that's a direct result of the media all jumping on the "attack vaping" bandwagon because all their shock horror stories about vaping are selling them millions more newpapers. As long as the media keep putting concerned parents and children on TV and in the mewspapers screaming about the harm they claim vaping causes people will believe it.

Another thing which I think is relevant is that people can't tell the difference between cigarette smoke and vapour. Visually they look the same so they both look equally as unhealthy to the average person who doesn't understand the difference.

Blame them if it makes you feel better...but at no point was shortfills, longfills, concentrates, nic shots, rta's rba's rda's,aio's, fkin squonkers, big tanks, mentioned in the daily mail....it's being treated as a separate issue

all of these things are vapes, and vapes being used by weans is what has been all over the media. they don’t even know or care what an rta or a squonker is. there is no distinction for them.

All that stuff I have in the freezer, I could go into the nic shot business, and not just 10ml bottles. I'll bet someone will, I wont be, I'm far too lazy.

The projected liquid tax revenue will cover around 25% of the NI cut, at least in the short term. Doesn't take into account the loss of jobs and businesses though, or the hit to the wider economy. All that has been ignored 1: In the quest for a populist vote winner 2: To (defacto) smash the vape industry to bits - whether intended or not. Best case scenario is there will be no additional taxes on hardware, but who will be able afford to buy the juice to put in their tanks and pods?

Chunt's figures and revenue predictions are skewed. Many people wont buy liquid at those prices, they'll go back to under the counter fags/ smoking, buying on the black market and trying to DIY their juice.

The propaganda work is done... vaping is now worse than smoking... another poor people's tax... one may as well emigrate to Rwanda :)

I normally buy 1Litre of 72mg nicotine for £69.99. So going by the “£3 for every 10ml” that would then cost £369.99?

How many ml of said 1 litre 72mg bottle do you need to add to a 100ml 70/30 bottle to make it 3mg?

Back
Top Bottom