What's new

VH Genesis Atomizer

YOu wrap the silica around the mesh .. then coil on the top of it ..
only got my iphone here .. so not sure what quality this pic will be :

Pic is fine. Thanks. Even better with the Alu keyboard :)

IM a Mac whore ... what can I say ...

Im having the same problem as you James ... (in trying it the non cheating way)

I can get it all spot on .. it reads 2.0 Ohms ... every time .. but I still get the hotspot at the top of the coil .(the wire going from coil to post) .. and Ive bent the wick in as far as it will go without touching the post .. any suggestions anyone ?

Im having the same problem as you James ... (in trying it the non cheating way)

I can get it all spot on .. it reads 2.0 Ohms ... every time .. but I still get the hotspot at the top of the coil .(the wire going from coil to post) .. and Ive bent the wick in as far as it will go without touching the post .. any suggestions anyone ?

I reckon the hot spot is because the wick is grounding. Therefore the current only travels through the top piece of wire.
Is your silica wick covering the wick through the hole too?

This is when I dont use silica wick :)

AS an aside .. Ive (for the crack) just rewired my Aga-T using standard silica wick rather than mesh .. and am getting a much nicer more consistant vape from it .. I may write genesis off as one of the following a: too hard for me or b: ok if you like faffing or c: emperors new clothes

This is when I dont use silica wick :)

AS an aside .. Ive (for the crack) just rewired my Aga-T using standard silica wick rather than mesh .. and am getting a much nicer more consistant vape from it .. I may write genesis off as one of the following a: too hard for me or b: ok if you like faffing or c: emperors new clothes

But when you do use the silica wick, does the silica go through the opening in the body / chassis?
I'm uploading a vid of mine. I reckon the problem now is that the wick is not sucking up enough juice. Will post clip shortly.

Ahh get ya .. no I dont put the silica down into the body .. though .. that may not be a bad idea

Ahh get ya .. no I dont put the silica down into the body .. though .. that may not be a bad idea

Of course it wouldn't be a bad idea. Hence why I suggested it ;). Thoughts would be that it helps to soak u liquid and also stops chances of shorts.

This is using a bit of cling film as suggested last night - I think my heat shrink idea will not work as it will be too thick. Cleaner burn but shows that the wick isn't getting enough juice after a few fires.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try doing a hybrid wick if you are having wicking issues

wrap the mesh around a normal piece of silica wick

I have found mesh wicks better than silica .. and would use it if I could get the bugger to work.

you could try doing a hybrid wick if you are having wicking issues

wrap the mesh around a normal piece of silica wick

I have found mesh wicks better than silica .. and would use it if I could get the bugger to work.

I think that might be the best option. Allow the silica to soak up some more juice and flood the mesh.

Back
Top Bottom