What's new

VH Genesis Atomizer

Now I need to bleach my brain

I always find cheap things, maybe you'll be interested in these too..

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Strap-On-...51?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&hash=item3f1ec8566b

Now I need to bleach my brain

Yeah saw the words Strap on & I had to click it what's up with that?

To be honest I think its luck, try putting a slight U in the VH-Genesis at the point it loves to hot spot (coil from wick to centre post) it seems to help me, I think I said this already but if not I use a watchmakers screwdriver so it does not kink the wire. Plus getting the wick as close to the post as possible as said above

Once you get it preforming to your liking try the wick in a wick method with both wicks being mesh, it works great I was a tad sceptic till I tried it. Saying that I also use an Aga-T now so might be worth getting one if and when you can,

So. This shows the coils I am building are fine.

The latest wick...
Burn
Drop in Water
Burn
Drop in Water
Burn
Drop in Water
Burn
Juice + Burn
Juice + Burn
Juice + Burn

Test

Failed

Burnt - About 2 mins
Juice + Burn
Juice + Burn

Failed

So, this is with my 5th wick or maybe my 6th and all seem to burn for a sec or 2 until it burns the carbon or oxide or whatever off the wick.

So, it seems like whatever I do, I will fail with this wicking method. So, should I just switch to a non conducting material? Like the Silica Wick?

Thanks for your help here guys. I am not sure if an Aga will actually solve this issue unless I have an issue with the coil burning too hot or the wicking material (#400 mesh from the mesh company) just not being right for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no bloody expert James but what size are you cutting the mesh at mate, I used 40mm x 30mm, the only other thing I can think of is that the wick is not full oxidised mate. Also check for strands on the edge of the wick. I saw a vid tip to fold over 2mm and make that the outer part so there is no loose strands.

carl

I'm no bloody expert James but what size are you cutting the mesh at mate, I used 40mm x 30mm, the only other thing I can think of is that the wick is not full oxidised mate. Also check for strands on the edge of the wick. I saw a vid tip to fold over 2mm and make that the outer part so there is no loose strands.

carl

I originally did 40 x 32, but have tried various lengths to see what difference it makes.
I might end up sending a piece of wick to you for the Carl treatment :)
James

Back
Top Bottom