What's new

What the NHS have to put up with

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...aff-abuse-b1793587.html?utm_source=reddit.com
upload_2021-1-27_21-27-52.png

upload_2021-1-27_21-28-28.png

I don't understand.
I can easily trace him with DuckDuckGo and other well known search engines.
What I don't understand is that they've all been specifically told 'the revolution will not be televised' - and yet here they are, giving their faces names and places. :D

elizabeth.jpg

yes he can discharge himself we all have that right but the difference is he has a deadly virus, ok some may argue it's not deadly but where is the proof would you let him out if he had the bubonic plague or ebola? the transport part that's fine also but to get to it he has to walk past lots of people who aren't infected including you or me would you like him sitting next to you in your lounge?

"but to get to it he has to walk past lots of people who aren't infected including you or me"

Well, there is the point that if he was admitted because he had covid he would have been transported past everyone in the hospital to start with.
If he stayed in hospital until release he would have to be transported past everyone again, and as far as I am aware there is no scientific data currently to say that after recovery you can't still infect someone.
There is also the point that if he unfortunately dies while there, presumably the body would have to be transported past everyone.

"would you like him sitting next to you in your lounge?"

That is rather an irrelevant thing to say, if he discharged himself, he would then be sitting in his own lounge, not mine !

DNR's are normal things they are standard with a lot of cases it depends on the patient people think that its all Holby city and a few smacks with the paddles "he's back" that's not the case, the percentage for bringing a person back from VF is low if you don't know the circumstances plus the damage done to the person is huge especially the old or frail

"plus the damage done to the person is huge especially the old or frail"

Exactly the reason why I sign a DNR form.
My body has enough chronic problems already, without being damaged further.
In the next two weeks I will have to go back to Guys hospital, or London Bridge for some further keyhole surgery on an earlier operation, I will ask to sign a DNR form before it starts.

religious beliefs are common but blood products ok you have to be a real devoted person I've seen turn arounds at the last minute when it's a life and death situation the same with a DNR watching someone especially a young 18-year-old bleed out in front of you is a hard task to watch but it can and does happen but this is not a blood case its a couple of jollies saying they can cure covid with vit c and some zinc I'm pretty sure I can say with some clarity that a couple of vitamins from Superdrug will not increase his saturation levels.

But, do you agree that a patient, or their next of kin can refuse a transfusion, and there is little a doctor can do about it ?

Last edited:
Something that really bothers me is the culture we now have of people filming things without the consent of the people involved. I absolutely loathe it. If I’d have been one of the doctors in the original video, I don’t think I could’ve restrained myself from grabbing the guy’s phone and smashing it. I’d have gotten myself sacked :25:

Whilst I have sympathy with your feelings.

But my own view on that particular video is that two security guys arrived, equipped with bodycams.
So why are people berating the people involved, but not the security guys.

Faced with the same situation I would have got my phone out, and started taking video footage.

In fact I have previously taken photo's in a hospital ward due to a family situation.

Back
Top Bottom