What's new

Who's had it, how was it, and how are you?

Hey all, sorry ive been absent for a while..

Still suffering with Long Covid which sucks, main symtoms now and we are talking 3 and a half months on are:

Tiredness, better but still noticeable to the point i can no longer concentrate on much and have to go to bed or fall asleep where i am lol.

Nausea, this one started about 1 month ago. Maybe related may not be, having some tests currently

Frequent Headaches, im a migraine sufferer anyway but this is daily headaches which are manageable but get you down

Mental Health, whilst it has improved, less anxiety probably as im more social now and back in the office a few days a week but the low mood is still there just very up and down
View attachment 265928

On top of this since having covid ive been on 6 lots of antibiotics due to:
Chest infection, initially requiring 2 lots of antibiotics
Sinus infection
3 Urine/bladder infections

Im also suffering with dizziness but that could be aide effects from a procedure i had relating to hormones and lady issues.
View attachment 265929

Shoot me now lol. No, whilst its hard going I am also very aware that many have loss their lives, suffered greatly and have a very extreme version of long covid, i suppose things could be much worse for me so for that I am grateful that i can still partially get on with some bits.

Anyway, hope you are all well

View attachment 265927

Dee x

its upsetting to read dee dee i knew how active your were before

I've seen and heard the expression "it could have been worse I could have had that....." lots of times, illness especially long term illness be it cancer or disability is always perceived as life-changing events but you have written down your experience here so your illness is life-changing and on the same par, its a horrible virus that has wrecked so many lives. was it preventable? that's the thing people will be talking about for years if this virus is ever over.

I'm really sorry you got it, it seems to me now more and more, lots of decent people lost their lives and suffered so much in the last 2 years leaving the world an ever more nasty place

its upsetting to read dee dee i knew how active your were before

I've seen and heard the expression "it could have been worse I could have had that....." lots of times, illness especially long term illness be it cancer or disability is always perceived as life-changing events but you have written down your experience here so your illness is life-changing and on the same par, its a horrible virus that has wrecked so many lives. was it preventable? that's the thing people will be talking about for years if this virus is ever over.

I'm really sorry you got it, it seems to me now more and more, lots of decent people lost their lives and suffered so much in the last 2 years leaving the world an ever more nasty place

Thank you Stu. Yep its been a devastating time of all around the world. Sad x

The wife and I both had it over the past couple of weeks. Four days each of feeling like shite and a few days of having very little energy and I'm happy to say that normal service has resumed [emoji16]

Still searching for my taste buds, and some energy, other than that....
My taste buds went south for a couple of days but were ok again after that. Still feel a little bit sluggish but that's probably because I've hardly got off my arse for a fortnight. Just been to the beach with the dog for an hour and it was quite nice, I should probably get out more and then hopefully my energy levels will rise.

My taste buds went south for a couple of days but were ok again after that. Still feel a little bit sluggish but that's probably because I've hardly got off my arse for a fortnight. Just been to the beach with the dog for an hour and it was quite nice, I should probably get out more and then hopefully my energy levels will rise.
Don't think Omicron has the loss and altered taste and smell thing so much, I think though the stomach and nausea problems from Omicron can be quite long lasting, for some (like Dee Dee).

My taste buds can be summed up as "essence of" :hmm: :17:Accept it or go mad, most things like eliquid, beer and food taste like unsweetened cardboard, I was drinking a milk stout the other day and it tasted like garden peas :doh:

Don't think Omicron has the loss and altered taste and smell thing so much, I think though the stomach and nausea problems from Omicron can be quite long lasting, for some (like Dee Dee).

My taste buds can be summed up as "essence of" :hmm: :17:Accept it or go mad, most things like eliquid, beer and food taste like unsweetened cardboard, I was drinking a milk stout the other day and it tasted like garden peas :doh:
That's a bit shit mate. Looks like the wife and I got off lightly.

I didnt get it i dont think, but ill add this as it deals with my unvaccinated friend.

He caught it, was down for the count for a few days, then kinda lethargic and foggy for a week after. He didnt say he was nauseous, but he might have just not told me that. Nothing else about taste or anything, just that it was obvious to him that he caught it cause he usually wakes up feeling fine

I will qualify this by saying hes in his 30's, in ok shape, and is a hardcore healy diet person (the kind that eat wheat grass smoothies) and it was probably just omicron that he caught.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom