What's new

Why quit?

Enoch

Achiever
Hi all, long time member here , kinda just settled into things and now at the very odd point of, well quitting.

I found out a while ago that my special discount no longer applies to me so the price of buying liquid would have went from 15 quid a month to around 50! Naturally I took that as a reason to give up , had that when the liquid runs out, then it was when the coil dies, then it was by a specific date and then finally it was when my brother in law took it from me, which happened Sunday.

Reason for writing this post however is that the one thing I have felt more than anything since Sunday is regret, have I made the wrong choice? I was vaping for 9 years, it was something I enjoyed and the oxva velocity was the first device I was truely satisfied with in all those years. After 9 years , knowing how much better it is than smoking , feels like maybe I should change my mind.

So 5 days on I don't feel cravings, only when I would automatically grab my vape. So that's a good sign.

But what exactly do I gain by giving up nicotine? Google it and the results connect to smoking which is not quite applicable. Why should I stay vape free? And no, going NIC free isn't an option , it's like diet pop, can enjoy it but it's not quite the same.

Or maybe I should change my mind? After all it is something I enjoy?

Hi all, long time member here , kinda just settled into things and now at the very odd point of, well quitting.

I found out a while ago that my special discount no longer applies to me so the price of buying liquid would have went from 15 quid a month to around 50! Naturally I took that as a reason to give up , had that when the liquid runs out, then it was when the coil dies, then it was by a specific date and then finally it was when my brother in law took it from me, which happened Sunday.

Reason for writing this post however is that the one thing I have felt more than anything since Sunday is regret, have I made the wrong choice? I was vaping for 9 years, it was something I enjoyed and the oxva velocity was the first device I was truely satisfied with in all those years. After 9 years , knowing how much better it is than smoking , feels like maybe I should change my mind.

So 5 days on I don't feel cravings, only when I would automatically grab my vape. So that's a good sign.

But what exactly do I gain by giving up nicotine? Google it and the results connect to smoking which is not quite applicable. Why should I stay vape free? And no, going NIC free isn't an option , it's like diet pop, can enjoy it but it's not quite the same.

Or maybe I should change my mind? After all it is something I enjoy?
I hear exactly what your saying, I'm in the same boat I would like to quit. But my issue is I enjoy the hobby side of vaping and I love the community, I tried last week 0 nic but that didn't satisfy me at all. So maybe it isn't the right time for me to quit. I'm in a catch 22 situation.

That's some discount you had, how much in mls do you vape per month..... where the fk where you buying, it can't be all that premium if it was £15 notes a month...a tenner a shortfill = 500 ml a month...Im sure with further info we can help

I hear exactly what your saying, I'm in the same boat I would like to quit. But my issue is I enjoy the hobby side of vaping and I love the community, I tried last week 0 nic but that didn't satisfy me at all. So maybe it isn't the right time for me to quit. I'm in a catch 22 situation.
It's only been 5 days but I haven't had any nicotine cravings the same way I remember having when trying to quit smoking.

Honestly after the kids go to bed and I go on my phone to watch YouTube or something or other, it's those moments when I would grab my vape and relax that I'm missing it more than anything.

Maybe I'm looking for a reason to vape , right now I'm out the game but seems I'm spending all this time looking for a reason to buy another vape.

Funny story though, the velocity died on me in the lead up to stopping. The rubber bung broke , then it knocked the pressure inside the pod so it pissed liquid and the just jam I treated myself to wasn't great on the coils and got dry hits for the first time In like 3 years!

That's some discount you had, how much in mls do you vape per month..... where the fk where you buying, it can't be all that premium if it was £15 notes a month...a tenner a shortfill = 500 ml a month...Im sure with further info we can help
It was a staff discount basically , for writing I used to do for the company. They honoured it like the gents and ladies they are until the fella I done the work for was let go, which is all fair enough really!

I was vaping salts , so probably around 300 a month? In full flow I was using 20mg nic salts but the velocity allowed a low power sub ohm experience so it was best of both worlds, clouds and low power.

I wouldn't have even said I used it less than your average vaper, I did kinda go from normal usage to cold turkey in the middle of a Sunday afternoon!

It was a staff discount basically , for writing I used to do for the company. They honoured it like the gents and ladies they are until the fella I done the work for was let go, which is all fair enough really!

I was vaping salts , so probably around 300 a month? In full flow I was using 20mg nic salts but the velocity allowed a low power sub ohm experience so it was best of both worlds, clouds and low power.

I wouldn't have even said I used it less than your average vaper, I did kinda go from normal usage to cold turkey in the middle of a Sunday afternoon!

Fair enough, I take it it was 10ml bottles at a time?.... you either need to make your own eliquid or find a cheaper alternative, but even at the low end 88 vape n a pound a pop places that's about £30 per month....so you really had it good.
I feel your pain, but if you enjoy the current eliquid and could cut it back a bit then all is well.....it's never going to be £15 again though.
That's the trouble with salts....it's 20mg or 10mg....no control to cut nic back gradually.

Fair enough, I take it it was 10ml bottles at a time?.... you either need to make your own eliquid or find a cheaper alternative, but even at the low end 88 vape n a pound a pop places that's about £30 per month....so you really had it good.
I feel your pain, but if you enjoy the current eliquid and could cut it back a bit then all is well.....it's never going to be £15 again though.
That's the trouble with salts....it's 20mg or 10mg....no control to cut nic back gradually.
Oddly enough , drip hacks sell 3mg salts (10 mil) and they are usually cheap as chips. Granted I think they are cheap because nobody really wanted them at that strength but think you could get a box of 10 for a tenner.

Think I got an email offering to get a free box of them at 50 pound spends so they do exist!

It's weird because I decided to pack in based on the money it would cost me but then as I haven't spent that yet, I haven't saved any money quitting and as it's not tobacco, not made the giant health leap either. ...

Oddly enough , drip hacks sell 3mg salts (10 mil) and they are usually cheap as chips. Granted I think they are cheap because nobody really wanted them at that strength but think you could get a box of 10 for a tenner.

Think I got an email offering to get a free box of them at 50 pound spends so they do exist!

It's weird because I decided to pack in based on the money it would cost me but then as I haven't spent that yet, I haven't saved any money quitting and as it's not tobacco, not made the giant health leap either. ...

Aye. there is little in life as an adult to enjoy...crack on n vape away fella

I've never looked into whether you can make DIY nic salt recipes but I make my own juices in half pint bottles which last me almost a month and cost me about £11 a bottle to make.

I don't feel I am addicted to the nicotiine but I just get so much pleasure from vaping but really it just comes down to your own preference.

Your story is how it`s supposed to end, if you take vaping as a smoking cessation tool, just as the urge to smoke passed the urge to vape will pass if you give it time.
I haven`t smoked for over 12 years and I would never smoke again, I also enjoy vaping, but if it were to start to cause me any money worries vaping would go the way of smoking.
You have to weigh up the pros and cons, would you be happy being a lighter vaper after having almost limitless resources, if you were to take up vaping again would your kids or your household be denied the things they`d become used to. Over the coming weeks your commonsense will kick in and maybe decide for you.
Good luck with whatever you decide.

Back
Top Bottom