What's new

Wicking/muted flavour RDA

You can stuff the cotton with a simple coil, but not with a coil like that. It needs to slide thru easily.

You can stuff the cotton with a simple coil, but not with a coil like that. It needs to slide thru easily.
I find that the cotton always tends to pull the coil out of shape slightly.. And that's on all the pre made claptons I've had

I think it's how I've got my coil positioned then as the flavour was fine before I put a new one. The coil that's in it now is only 4 days old! I only have fruit juices though not in to dessert type vapes! I re wicked though and got some of the gunk off the coil. I'll reposition the coil tomorrow and see how I get on. Should the coil be level with the top level of the airflow holes? I've got a drop dead rda coming tomorrow I'm going to have a mess about with as well

You want the air to go all around the coil. Start by lining the coil up so the air is hitting in the centre.

Just use the tool in the box to cut your coil length to and it’s all good every time atleast that’s what I’ve found with mine
do you get 2 different tools in the box depending on what length you want?

do you get 2 different tools in the box depending on what length you want?
You get two different tools for different size coils. One is for 2.5mm inner diameter and one is for 3mm inner diameter. Both are the same length. though. And the way those tools are meant, is once you cut the legs using that tool, it's always going to be perfect. Basically it means that the top of your coil is going to be sitting just above the curved airflow pieces, just a tiny bit. They have excellent tutorials for that rda on youtube, definitely would suggest checking those out.
Also what I've figured for myself at least, if your cotton warps your coils when sliding it through, you are probably using too much cotton. Finding the perfect amount of cotton for your coils is a tricky task, if you're a perfectionist like I am, the difference between just a couple of strands of cotton is like night and day. Then again, I make life a living hell for myself.

You get two different tools for different size coils. One is for 2.5mm inner diameter and one is for 3mm inner diameter. Both are the same length. though. And the way those tools are meant, is once you cut the legs using that tool, it's always going to be perfect. Basically it means that the top of your coil is going to be sitting just above the curved airflow pieces, just a tiny bit. They have excellent tutorials for that rda on youtube, definitely would suggest checking those out.
Also what I've figured for myself at least, if your cotton warps your coils when sliding it through, you are probably using too much cotton. Finding the perfect amount of cotton for your coils is a tricky task, if you're a perfectionist like I am, the difference between just a couple of strands of cotton is like night and day. Then again, I make life a living hell for myself.
That’s exactly what I was gonna say... buff said dude...

I would really try to clean that coil with a wire brush. It's blacker than black.
That was my first thought. I get them hot and put it under cold water faucet. The black stuff usually falls right off. I don't with stainless coils though.

Back
Top Bottom