What's new

Tanks that didn't become popular ..... and died.

The Nautilus X never lived up to it's pedigree. I know that they did sell initially, but there were reports of muted flavour with it. Considering how well the original/mini/2 did I think this was a bit of a fail.
A lot of tanks find there niche a little too late. The nautilus x was a disappointment compared to the original flavour wise. Some preferred it's looks as the original is a little "tesla". I love it (the original)but many didn't. After initial so so feedback it soon became apparent that where it shined was when using higher vg juices for mtl.
In reality it was a very good mtl tank but it had huge boots to fill and as it didn't exceed the original (not much has) so feedback was pretty negative.
Similar story with the kayfun v5 and Rose v3. Those two tanks faired better as they had a good fan base already but there was a little slump after a while as user's became frustrated with the larger under coil airflow hole. It wasn't what they where used to and vaping styles where pretty rigid. Those two tanks where not quite focused enough for mtl purists but didn't have enough airflow for sub ohm users.
Since then squonking has become a huge thing and vapers have gotten used to a more restrictive lung hit or a more open mtl vape. In essence vapers are learning to adjust there usual build to complement the tank/rda design rather than try to change it and both the rose v3 and kayfun v5 are being rediscovered in a new light.
I vape in a few different styles. Mainly mtl but my 1.2mm airflow choice may seem tight to some but others it's damned sloppy. But I also enjoy using an rda like the airlab with dual 3x1mm airflow holes for an open mtl with a slightly lower ohm coil and a little more wattage.
I think we are becoming more open to not having to fit in to specific brackets with other's that share our juice choices.

The Nautilus X never lived up to it's pedigree. I know that they did sell initially, but there were reports of muted flavour with it. Considering how well the original/mini/2 did I think this was a bit of a fail.
I've got the Nautilus Original, 2 x Mini's, 2 and X. Firstly is there a Nautilus I don't have?

But I find the X a lot more airy than the others. I had to put a narrower drip tip on it coz my tendency with the one that came with it was to DTL it.. harsh with 18mg strength lol. But that did make it better.

A lot of tanks find there niche a little too late. The nautilus x was a disappointment compared to the original flavour wise. Some preferred it's looks as the original is a little "tesla". I love it (the original)but many didn't. After initial so so feedback it soon became apparent that where it shined was when using higher vg juices for mtl.
In reality it was a very good mtl tank but it had huge boots to fill and as it didn't exceed the original (not much has) so feedback was pretty negative.
Similar story with the kayfun v5 and Rose v3. Those two tanks faired better as they had a good fan base already but there was a little slump after a while as user's became frustrated with the larger under coil airflow hole. It wasn't what they where used to and vaping styles where pretty rigid. Those two tanks where not quite focused enough for mtl purists but didn't have enough airflow for sub ohm users.
Since then squonking has become a huge thing and vapers have gotten used to a more restrictive lung hit or a more open mtl vape. In essence vapers are learning to adjust there usual build to complement the tank/rda design rather than try to change it and both the rose v3 and kayfun v5 are being rediscovered in a new light.
I vape in a few different styles. Mainly mtl but my 1.2mm airflow choice may seem tight to some but others it's damned sloppy. But I also enjoy using an rda like the airlab with dual 3x1mm airflow holes for an open mtl with a slightly lower ohm coil and a little more wattage.
I think we are becoming more open to not having to fit in to specific brackets with other's that share our juice choices.

Thanks for the higher VG tip for the Nautilus X. :)

The first RTA I used was and still is I think, the Kayfun 5 clone and I love it, now I've learnt to fill it without leaking lol. It's made me want to look at more MTL RTA's. Actually using it now. Rebuilt it at the same time as the wasp with the squeeze :)

Really learning to love the taste of DIY builds! Didn't realise they'd be so much better! :)

Just a quick question about the Kayfun 5 clone.

If it still sizzles after taking a draw, does it need more or less juiceflow?

Aye it does look a bit over the top. I think it might be my next tank purchase, I like a challenge :D

See if you can track down an SXK version. It was the fourth one I bought after 3 shit ones and I used it every day for 2 years without a problem.

The wanko rda never had a coil that read the same as the previous one

Just a quick question about the Kayfun 5 clone.

If it still sizzles after taking a draw, does it need more or less juiceflow?

I don't know if anyone has a definitive answer for why some tanks do this. My K5² does it too.

If it bothers you, just keep sucking for a second after you release the fire button.

Back
Top Bottom