What's new

Syringe measurements

@scrumpox you can completely drain the bottles, just turn it upside down before you draw the liquid out of it. That syringe fits fairly tightly right over the narrower part of the fa nozzles. With others such as inw bottles and the generic chefs ones they are slightly tapered and softer plastic so it just pushes on to the point it’s tight enough.

The only bottles I have that it doesn’t fit are atmos labs, which are dropper bottles. I measure them in drops anyway since they have accurate droppers.

@Mr Numpty , come on, it’s really
no hassle to flush the syringe under a running tap a couple of times. It takes 10 seconds. As for the flavours, it seems far too much hassle for me. I have a load of flavours that are good singly or in blends of two or three to make the nicotine vapour taste palatable. Any more than that is too much hassle and to me a waste of time. Spending ages perfecting blends of artificial chemicals to put in an e-cigarette seems strange to me. If I wanted to enjoy complexity and depth of flavour I’d brew a coffee or drink some wine or brandy, or eat some cheese or something. Flavour is a gustatory experience I think, rather than something to inhale. And naturally occurring flavours resulting from fermentation, ageing etc. have more appeal. I didn’t bother much about the flavour of fags.

But as you say @scrumpox each to their own. We all have our ways.

Philistine. :13:

Most of my clothes are dried on a pulley on the kitchen ceiling, for example. It’s a bit victorian but very convenient. Unless you happen to be grilling kippers.

Uhuh, interesting. Not sure of the relevance, but interesting. :D

I mix in volume so ive not got to bother about liquid density but i would imagine if you mix by weight your calculations must get complicated to account for VG which weighs 1.26g per ml

I mix in volume so ive not got to bother about liquid density but i would imagine if you mix by weight your calculations must get complicated to account for VG which weighs 1.26g per ml

You just input 1.26g into the e liquid calculator (under grams set).... much the same as you already do on the calculator for vg/pg/nic and concentrates... and hey presto....it works it all out...simples really

Last edited:
Not complicated at all as most of us use liquid calculators with the specific gravities defined.

Whereas faffing about with, say 4% of a certain flavouring in a 30ml mix, and having to use a syringe to measure 1.2ml is a right pain. More than a 1ml syringe, and hard to be accurate with a bigger one.

So the liquid calculators account for each liquid having a different density?

You just input 1.26g into the e liquid calculator (under grams set).... much the same as you already do on the calculator for vg/pg/nic and concentrates... and hey presto....it works it all out...simples really

Not complicated at all as most of us use liquid calculators with the specific gravities defined.

Whereas faffing about with, say 4% of a certain flavouring in a 30ml mix, and having to use a syringe to measure 1.2ml is a right pain. More than a 1ml syringe, and hard to be accurate with a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom