What's new

Syringe measurements

To clean it out I just run the hot tap and fill and push it a few times to flush it out with water. I find taking the plunger out risks damaging the seal (this is assuming the tip of the syringe fits nicely over you concentrate bottle tips, or you’ll be taking it out anyway I’d imagine).

I'd definitely grab a cheap set of digital scales off Amazon and mix by weight. I got a couple of dispensing nozzles for my VG and PG and just squirt it all straight from the bottle. So much easier and no clean up required.

Ok thanks I'm glad I asked, never thought about the liquid staying in the tip.

Is it safe to rinse the syringe after each use and reuse the again?
Hi mate. I use syringes for mixing so a little on reusing them.
When you wash ir rinse them be sure about your water. Some will leave residues when they dry. Its best to wash/rinse then do a final rinse with a bit of distilled water. I just put a little in the syringe and give it a shake about to remove it. They will dry residue free and clean. Watch out for the plunger rubber. After a number of reuses the rubber will start to get grippy. As soon as you feel that turf it out. What can happen and does is the rubber is now deteriorating, so each time you now plunge it down then draw it back up it will leave behind micro particles in the concentrate, sometimes not so micro and you can see the odd tiny black fleck.
I wash mine just once for reuse then turf them before I feel that gripping, loss of smoothness. One could argue that any particles get filtered out by the coils cotton, yeah they will, and that the tank has seals no different to the plunger, yeah they can, but I just dont personally like to see anything steeping away for a month or two in the liquid other than the liquid itself.

Looks to me like a 1ml syringe, so that measurement is what it says ... 0.1ml

Disregard whatever is left in the tip, when you dose out the fluid the plunger will only displace 0.1ml. Whatever is in the tip stays in the tip.

Yes, you can rinse and reuse, but take care not to lose the markings when wiping ... best leave them to air dry.
If you use a syringe for nicotine, keep it dedicated solely to nicotine. Same for very strong flavours like anise.

This ^^^^^^^^

I like others, used to mess about with syringes and blunt needles n stuff to extract concentrates from them wee bottles.....that was a long time ago...whit a carry on....as mentioned, get scales and mix by weight.

When you pull the plunger to draw up the juice you will find it will just pass the 1ml marker.
This is to take into account the gap at the nib.
The juice drawn into the syringe will be just above 1ml but when you plunge the juice out it will eject exactly 1ml assuming the syringe is accurate in the first place.
This is fine if using the full syringe worth but if you want to go below 1ml measurements then maybe syringes are not going to be all that accurate.

When you pull the plunger to draw up the juice you will find it will just pass the 1ml marker.
This is to take into account the gap at the nib.
The juice drawn into the syringe will be just above 1ml but when you plunge the juice out it will eject exactly 1ml assuming the syringe is accurate in the first place.
This is fine if using the full syringe worth but if you want to go below 1ml measurements then maybe syringes are not going to be all that accurate.

This is totally incorrect @StrawberryRipple

I like others, used to mess about with syringes and blunt needles n stuff to extract concentrates from them wee bottles.....that was a long time ago...whit a carry on....as mentioned, get scales and mix by weight.
This, however is totally correct.

This, however is totally correct.

It’s not. I’ve never had to mess about with blunt needles etc. The syringes I have fit perfectly over the nozzles of all the concentrate bottles that I measure with a syringe.

It’s not. I’ve never had to mess about with blunt needles etc. The syringes I have fit perfectly over the nozzles of all the concentrate bottles that I measure with a syringe.

It's still WAY too much dicking around. Don't forget, most of us mix by weight folks started with syringes and have felt the revelation of the switch to fuss-free mixing.

Back
Top Bottom