What's new

New MTL Incoming

Just a point to note, "Zlide" is the name of the tank and a bloody good stock coil MTL tank it is too. So when you say an MTL tank to fit the Zlide it confused me! what kit did you order?

Ah I see. I'm waiting for the Kroma-R Zlide kit.

Innokin_Kroma-R_Zlide_Kit_10_w.jpg

:18: Sorry!!!

It looks daunting at first this building malarky but before you know it you'll be able to do it in your sleep

A tank, I don't really know, there are loads out there & I'm a little behind on MTL tanks. I've never used the Zlide so hopefully someone who does can chip in. There are plenty of MTL threads round here to to have a scour through

The easy part is the cotton & wire. A spool of 26 & 28g kanthal & a big bag of organic cotton pads should keep you going for a while. My standard is 26g, 2.50mm, 6 wraps for about 0.80 ohms

You don't really need a dedicated ohm reader, your mod will do the job. You can get build kits that include them if you want to pick up the tools

Hope that helps some

It does help, thank you. Like a lot of things, the more you read the more you get confused. When it's in front of you and you're doing it, it starts to make sense.

One question, you say 26g, 2.5mm. Can you get 26g in different thickness as well, I would have thought the gram would have decided the width no? What am I not getting?

I think he means awg, not g. It stands for American Wire Gauge, the thickness of the wire.

If you're good at tinkering, I'd second @JohnnyAce's advice to try a rebuildable, I'm guessing that you'd find it a breeze.

I put it off for ages, me being quite shit at DIY and electronics, but it was much easier than I expected and well worth the effort. My vape is so much more enjoyable.

I think he means awg, not g. It stands for American Wire Gauge, the thickness of the wire.

If you're good at tinkering, I'd second @JohnnyAce's advice to try a rebuildable, I'm guessing that you'd find it a breeze.

I put it off for ages, me being quite shit at DIY and electronics, but it was much easier than I expected and well worth the effort. My vape is so much more enjoyable.

Thank you for the clarification, and also the vote of confidence to give it a go!

Well it arrived yesterday. Lovely piece of kit, the form factor is amazing.

But... 1.2 ohm coil was dud from the start. I put some new homemade juice in it, thought that doesn't taste great. Persevered to try and taste what I had made, nothing. I've just taken the coil out and put the 0.8 in that come with it as well, primed and waited 15 minutes....BOOM, there's my apple pie.

Suppose it can happen now and then. Need to order up some coils.

Korma-R bloody brilliant mod..excellent with my zenith pro tanks.

Well it arrived yesterday. Lovely piece of kit, the form factor is amazing.

But... 1.2 ohm coil was dud from the start. I put some new homemade juice in it, thought that doesn't taste great. Persevered to try and taste what I had made, nothing. I've just taken the coil out and put the 0.8 in that come with it as well, primed and waited 15 minutes....BOOM, there's my apple pie.

Suppose it can happen now and then. Need to order up some coils.
Nice one... glad you got it working satisfactorily. They look good.

I found the Zlide shockingly mediocre but many seem to enjoy it a lot. For me the two stand out mtl coils are the Artery Pal2 1 ohm HP and the Thinkvape Zeta 1 ohm coils. The zeta have been the best for flavour by a mile though and the closest thing to a rebuildable ive tried.

I started with stock coils and really enjoyed them and was reticent to try rebuilding at first with many fears of how complex it looked. I took the plunge and ordered a Vapefly Galaxies RDTA (much loved here) and never looked back. I could taste things in the juices that were completely missing from the stock coils.

Yep it looks hard and fiddly but its ridiculously simple and saves a fortune even if you buy premium wire and cotton.

If you can sit at home and wrap a piece of wire around a screwdriver and count the turns then you can make a coil. It really is that easy. Wicking is simple too but its a bit of a dark art and only something you can get right yourself through trial and error, but well worth sticking with and trying.

The world is your oyster for MTL rtas as there are so many excellent choices out there.

Just remember that one mans dream atty is anothers most hated!

Glad you're enjoying the new kit.

When I first started to make my own coils it probably took me 2hrs to get a working coil, I nearly gave up but being a stubborn so and so I wouldn't be beaten by a bit of wire so carried on until I got something that resembled a coil and was chuffed that it worked!! Now I can build a coil in seconds I know how many wraps I need for the resistance I want so if I can do it anyone can! Give it a go.

Well after the dodgy coil episode I started experiencing a sticking fire button, I'd take my finger off and it would continue to fire. Bit the bullet and sprayed a bit of quick evaporating bearing cleaner down the sides of the trigger and left it for 30 minutes. It worked, the trigger feels much clickier than it ever did and it's not sticking. Phew.

Back
Top Bottom