What's new

Pioneer RTA by BP Mods

Bugger to wick right. And that's coming from King Wick. Wasn't getting any flavour. Had to watch Bruce's video again for a refresher. It's bob on when you get it spot on, this atty. Not so good if you don't.

Only niggle I still have with wicking is if I top up the tank too quick it'll gurgle a bit for a few draws afterwards.

Having the airflow hole pointing towards the ground makes this more obvious too.

And that's having watched Bruces' video & screwing my cotton through the 2.5mm coil, so no way am I getting any more in there.

Maybe my 65-70% PG juice isn't helping.

@lediscjockey was gurgling after a refill what made you try the 3mm coil, or were you just curious?

Only niggle I still have with wicking is if I top up the tank too quick it'll gurgle a bit for a few draws afterwards.

Having the airflow hole pointing towards the ground makes this more obvious too.

And that's having watched Bruces' video & screwing my cotton through the 2.5mm coil, so no way am I getting any more in there.

Maybe my 65-70% PG juice isn't helping.

@lediscjockey was gurgling after a refill what made you try the 3mm coil, or were you just curious?
I do get the odd gurgle when refilling but not always. It's down to the wicking. Still flavor so spot on for me so It does not bother me that much.
The only thing that bothers me is eliquid under the atty.

I saw the wicking video by net vaper.
That's what made me try a 3mm coil but went back to my standard 2.5.

Been using this for months now, loved it to the extent that I bought a second one. No matter how good I wick it, and although it won;t leak straight out anymore I still get that annoying condensation under the atty. Which eventually becomes too much and drains all the way down into my mod. Don't suppose anyone has found a solution for that?

Been using this for months now, loved it to the extent that I bought a second one. No matter how good I wick it, and although it won;t leak straight out anymore I still get that annoying condensation under the atty. Which eventually becomes too much and drains all the way down into my mod. Don't suppose anyone has found a solution for that?
what colour one are you using?
I have the Black DLC and Steel.
I always get leakage under the atty on my black one but not on the steel one.
I think there is a small batch of faulty black ones coz there are a few other with the same problem.

what colour one are you using?
I have the Black DLC and Steel.
I always get leakage under the atty on my black one but not on the steel one.
I think there is a small batch of faulty black ones coz there are a few other with the same problem.

They are both Steel, so don't presume it has got much to do with it, that being said, I am sure that some of them came out faulty, like my first that had to be replaced.
I will keep using it, although I can see myself getting bored of this quite soon, and tbh I would have switched from them had there been another atty with such good flavours.

Thought I'd dig it out, for old times sake. Thought I had the 1.2 pin in. I didn't. It was the 1.0. Swapped it out for the 1.2. Miles better. Nice coil and wicked well. Lovely draw on some Nokomis Amped.

Could someone with the black UK version measure the height, excluding the drip tip & 510 pin, please?

Trying to work out if the UK rta comes with the short tank installed by default, or if it's the standard 3.7ml tank with a rubber / silicone bung to reduce the capacity.

My stainless version from LPV with the short tank is 28mm in height for comparison.

Could someone with the black UK version measure the height, excluding the drip tip & 510 pin, please?

Trying to work out if the UK rta comes with the short tank installed by default, or if it's the standard 3.7ml tank with a rubber / silicone bung to reduce the capacity.

My stainless version from LPV with the short tank is 28mm in height for comparison.
Got it to hand. Giz a minute, see if I can find a measuring device.

Back
Top Bottom