What's new

Kayfun V4 Clone Arrived - Gobsmacked

I received my replacement top nut from Angelfiremods that has the chamfered edges, it also came with some parts which go inside the juice flow control section at the base of the deck.

IMG_0542.jpg

I'm about to pop to the post depot to pick up the S adapter kit I got from Cloud9 so looks like I'll be stripping mine apart and putting in quite a few new pieces. Will be interesting to see how much of a difference they make.

Edit: So I've got the S kit adapter and stripping it down but I've encountered a problem. I've taken the 510 screw out and the little nut in the insulator that it connects to (The bottom 2 items on the left in the picture above), on the other side won't come out. Just watched a video of someone taking a Moander clone apart and that part just popped out for them. so I can't get to the flat head nut that sits underneath it to take those parts out. Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
I received my replacement top nut from Angelfiremods that has the chamfered edges, it also came with some parts which go inside the juice flow control section at the base of the deck.

View attachment 42972

I'm about to pop to the post depot to pick up the S adapter kit I got from Cloud9 so looks like I'll be stripping mine apart and putting in quite a few new pieces. Will be interesting to see how much of a difference they make.

Edit: So I've got the S kit adapter and stripping it down but I've encountered a problem. I've taken the 510 screw out and the little nut in the insulator that it connects to (The bottom 2 items on the left in the picture above), on the other side won't come out. Just watched a video of someone taking a Moander clone apart and that part just popped out for them. so I can't get to the flat head nut that sits underneath it to take those parts out. Anyone have any ideas?

You'll need to push a screwdriver through the 510 once the positive screw is removed. Push the nut out and the delrin (it can be a pain) but it does come out. The replacements for the base are for the reason so that it can be disassembled easily for cleaning. Give us a shout if you have any problems.

You'll need to push a screwdriver through the 510 once the positive screw is removed. Push the nut out and the delrin (it can be a pain) but it does come out. The replacements for the base are for the reason so that it can be disassembled easily for cleaning. Give us a shout if you have any problems.

I've managed to get the nut out as I got a very quick response from your company when I emailed about this issue (major kudos for the level of support so far :) ). Cannot get the Delrin out though. Tried prizing it out with a screw driver but that's just taken bits out. Have even tried to use a metal file to make a cut but can't seem to get through the final bit needed.

I gave up on my Moander clone. It just wasn't machined well enough and not matter what I did I couldn't stop the leaking from it. I guess I just got a duff one. The QC on clones is never going to be that great obviously.
Bit the bullet and ordered the original from cloud 9. Arrived this morning and I can't wait to get home and use it.

Rune, can you send us an email - [email protected] with your details and we'll get a replacement to you

Thanks, met up with Aaron and he sorted it for me. Stellar customer service and will certainly be shopping with you guys again, most likely the black Kayfun v4 on payday :D The one Aaron has looked excellent and goes with my Vaporshark RDNA40 perfectly.

@Tubbyengineer

Got shown this today and it's supposed to stop the resistance jumping on the Kayfun v4, so could be ideal for Nickel builds and thought you may be interested if you haven't seen it already.

Kayfun V4 "Spring Update" - By Steam Tuners - SteamTuners P.C.

Thanks for the heads up, I've seen those though. you can also buy a spacer from Awe Modz, or if you are feeling handy you can make one from brass or SS tube cut to length then just file it a little to fine tune...

Back
Top Bottom