What's new

3D printed mods, yay or nay?

Not a fan of plastic mods in general myself, 3d printed or not... prefer metal by far. The longevity, weight, hand feel and effort to manufacture...

That said, I know it's tough to make and sell anything, especially vape mods. China has the most prolific metal CNC ability: but if a maker has a metal mod made in China it's often stigmatized and many complain about paying bucks for a China made mod. So, that leaves either owning a metal shop that makes money doing other products (like dicodes et al), or local outsourcing (usually very expensive). It doesn't bode well for small makers or keeping margins high.

I've bought a hybrid metal/3D printed mod from Sunbox. It was worth the money to me for a couple of reasons:

1) There is enough metal to give it a great weight and feel. It shows manufacturing effort and prowess and commitment from the maker.

2) I can upgrade the body as the 3D process gets cleaner.

3) The design is well thought out and uses plastic comfortably.

Anyway, the future of 3D printing stuff in metal by nearly anyone is coming fast. That'll be interesting.

Even though this thread is aging, I couldn’t resist throwing this in the mix! Now, it is certainly subjective, but this isn’t the nicest mod to look at. For some it may be their dream mod. Who knows? And for all I know, the production is in house and very costly, and the manufacturer only makes minimum wage, but £899?!? :hmm: They’re only making 20 each, and they do come with a boro tank and a drip tip, so it must be worth it. :22: Don’t have £900 to spend on a mod today? Vaporony even has a payment plan :18:

TLOVOQd.jpg

For £900 the mod should be ribbed, so at least you enjoy it while you’re getting f*cked :17:

Back
Top Bottom