What's new

Advise on coil rbas

Mbsun

Postman
OK, a bit rambling this, any advise opinions welcome.

I know mesh rda, but never really did coils, I have acquired some coil rda, and rdta.

For the last 4 years all my vaping has been around 0.15 ohm 65-75 watt, firstly on horizontec falcons, last 18 months or so on wotofo profile mesh, wotofo ps profile, and a steamcrave mesh rdta.

Now, I have a different steam crave rdta, v2 advanced I think, and it was bloody good on the supplied mesh on top of a dovpo clutch mech. I put a dual coil deck on it, with 2 x 0.3 Clapton from a coil master skynet (bought to try a few different things), giving me 0.14 ohm reading, and its incredible! Best flavour I ever had, doesn't give a warm vape (not a fan tbh), just sheds of flavour.

Great you might think, and it is, but I put 2 similar coils (not exactly same but tbh i cannot think which coils went where), but another pair of 0.3 Clapton ni80 , giving me 0.14 ohm reading, on a asgard micro on a dovpo sq squonk and its good yes maybe even better than a wotofo ps, but not a patch on the steamcrave.

I know the steamcrave has a fan base, but conversations on here put me towards thinking it isn't that great and the asgard is, so thoughts?

Also I did a build with 2 x 0.45 ohm fused Clapton twist, on a drop rda, and got a 0.45 reading which baffled me, both coils heat evenly??
Put on a dovpo topside dual, and I can't find anything I like, its a warm vape and can spit a bit, but I haven't used 0.45 ohm in a long time, I don't know whether it should be doing what it is, or if I just built it really badly.

Yes BTW I have 3 mods, one for work one for home, one for driving. I did have 2 but both were on there last legs and a vaper was selling up all his kit some of which I needed, the rest I am playing with

Apologies for the length of this.

I don't have the steam crave so I can't really comment on that.

But I do have 3 asgard minis, they are the best flavor rdas I own, If you're having a less than optimal experience you might try building lower for it.

I keep mine at around .11 on a 21700 mech mod using some coilology sandvic framed staple aliens.
Another option is some coils by Scott aliens that he makes specifically for the asgard mini
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/handmade-coils-by-vaperz-cloud?variant=42298964803739

In your position I would retire or trade the the inferior tanks and thank the vaping gods that I had found a couple of satisfying vapes, unless the building and testing is part of a hobby for you in which case good luck with the search.
I dont vape mesh or rdta but I will follow your posts because well you never know... :)

I don't have the steam crave so I can't really comment on that.

But I do have 3 asgard minis, they are the best flavor rdas I own, If you're having a less than optimal experience you might try building lower for it.

I keep mine at around .11 on a 21700 mech mod using some coilology sandvic framed staple aliens.
Another option is some coils by Scott aliens that he makes specifically for the asgard mini
https://vaping101.co.uk/products/handmade-coils-by-vaperz-cloud?variant=42298964803739
I had looked at both of the.m previously, I may put together another order

In your position I would retire or trade the the inferior tanks and thank the vaping gods that I had found a couple of satisfying vapes, unless the building and testing is part of a hobby for you in which case good luck with the search.
I dont vape mesh or rdta but I will follow your posts because well you never know... :)
Lol, I see your point. But satisfying is ok, I would while I am playing at building prefer the best or close, eventually

Problem is I stick to what I know, for a year or 2, and then find I could have been doing things much better, and move on, and stick once more. Which leaves quite a few gaps in my knowledge of this hobby.
Ultimately I do consider it a hobby rather than a tool to stop smoking, as if its a poor substitute for tobacco you may go back, but if its better, you won't

OK, a bit rambling this, any advise opinions welcome.

I know mesh rda, but never really did coils, I have acquired some coil rda, and rdta.

For the last 4 years all my vaping has been around 0.15 ohm 65-75 watt, firstly on horizontec falcons, last 18 months or so on wotofo profile mesh, wotofo ps profile, and a steamcrave mesh rdta.

Now, I have a different steam crave rdta, v2 advanced I think, and it was bloody good on the supplied mesh on top of a dovpo clutch mech. I put a dual coil deck on it, with 2 x 0.3 Clapton from a coil master skynet (bought to try a few different things), giving me 0.14 ohm reading, and its incredible! Best flavour I ever had, doesn't give a warm vape (not a fan tbh), just sheds of flavour.

Great you might think, and it is, but I put 2 similar coils (not exactly same but tbh i cannot think which coils went where), but another pair of 0.3 Clapton ni80 , giving me 0.14 ohm reading, on a asgard micro on a dovpo sq squonk and its good yes maybe even better than a wotofo ps, but not a patch on the steamcrave.

I know the steamcrave has a fan base, but conversations on here put me towards thinking it isn't that great and the asgard is, so thoughts?

Also I did a build with 2 x 0.45 ohm fused Clapton twist, on a drop rda, and got a 0.45 reading which baffled me, both coils heat evenly??
Put on a dovpo topside dual, and I can't find anything I like, its a warm vape and can spit a bit, but I haven't used 0.45 ohm in a long time, I don't know whether it should be doing what it is, or if I just built it really badly.

Yes BTW I have 3 mods, one for work one for home, one for driving. I did have 2 but both were on there last legs and a vaper was selling up all his kit some of which I needed, the rest I am playing with

Apologies for the length of this.
If your Asgard 25 isn’t blowing the SC away. You are not building the Asgard correctly.

Last edited:
Apart from a couple of single coil high enders, there is no rda that beats the asgard mini in flavour imo.

Aside from building lower the best tips I can offer is to center your coils and reduce your airflow a little.
One good way of doing that is to use a slightly narrower bore driptip instead of closing off the afc. I don't mean use a 510 but something a little more restrictive than the stock asgard one.
You may be surprised how much difference that makes to the flavour.

Er,

Everybody has individual likes and dislikes. If you don't find the Asgard mini to be superior to another atty, then, for you, it just may not be.

I've tried quite a few atomisers that are/were very, very popular (won't name names to avoid backlash/parochial outrage) that did little for me, despite multiple builds/coil material/prayer.

Thats what I expected tbh
Tbh also why I posted the thread
It’s often
Thats what I expected tbh
Tbh also why I posted the thread
its often down to coil hight. I’ve found you place your coils so they are flat on the deck. Then, after tightening up, use a coil rod to ease the coils up, just so they don’t short, and back towards the insert. Get them as close as you can to that ultem insert.

Back
Top Bottom