What's new

Advise on coil rbas

Lol, I read that at first as I post often! Tbf yes

I tried as you said, and better yes but a bit hot. I use my topside dual to test what I build (waiting for a telling off here tbh), and it registered 0.10 ohm with 2 0.30 Clapton parallel from the sky net box.
Which is saling a bit close tbh, well past the amps tbh.
Anyway a thought just came to mind, on a mech thats going to increase the watts so it probably is a bit more than I like. So will put it on a regulated mod and see how it fairs on something I am more used to.

In terms of why not stick to the steam crave since I cracked it there? I like squonking, simple as that really, sqonking on a good road should give me more than a rta, however if the steam crave is superior after a good deal of trial and error on rda and squonking then the squonkers will go

Ultimately I think this is going to take a bit of trial and error to get it cracked. After I played with the cheaper coils I have and improved a little, I will get a bit more higher end with the coils mentioned on this thread, eventually onto wire

Cheers for the help

Just tried the asgard on topside dual instead of sq, and in the 85-90w region it is a better vape.

So appears 0.1 on a mech mod is too low, 0.15 OK on some but maybe the asgard needs something between for my liking maybe 0.13

Just tried the asgard on topside dual instead of sq, and in the 85-90w region it is a better vape.

So appears 0.1 on a mech mod is too low, 0.15 OK on some but maybe the asgard needs something between for my liking maybe 0.13
I’m not aware of the Asgard “needing” any specific coils.
I’ve built from .32 down to .12 all performed fine. (.08 on a parallel mod) I’ve tried round bar nichrome, flat bar nichrome. Medium density, (fused Clapton), and high density ( staggered staple), in both Stainless and nichrome. All work perfectly, giving fantastic flavour and great clouds.

I’m not aware of the Asgard “needing” any specific coils.
I’ve built from .32 down to .12 all performed fine. (.08 on a parallel mod) I’ve tried round bar nichrome, flat bar nichrome. Medium density, (fused Clapton), and high density ( staggered staple), in both Stainless and nichrome. All work perfectly, giving fantastic flavour and great clouds.

More a case of needing a particular resistance to get the vape you need for a mech. Going as low as 0.08 is probably a bit on the hot side for many of us...

More a case of needing a particular resistance to get the vape you need for a mech. Going as low as 0.08 is probably a bit on the hot side for many of us...
Lol. .08 was way too low for me. But I had the coils and the mod, I’m also curious.
Perhaps it me. But all of the coil types and metals, I mentioned. Have been used by me to make coils around .14 used on both regulated and mech. Though the most often used coil type, for a mech, is AWG24 5 wrap 3mm twins of brochrome. Though they look tiny sat in an Asgard. I must admit.

Yes tbf as crispycritters put it

Actually having used it all day, better than I first thought on a topside dual when I can set the watts

There also maybe a case of figuring out how hard to squonk and how often, and though I maybe told I am talking crap here, on a wotofo ps I wick it to create a "well" round the hole, so when I squonk it goes instantly onto the mesh and slowly goes into the cotton before it can empty. Therefore I can hit fire instantly
The asgard has to actually wick first

Also there is a difference between a topside sq and a dual topside in terms of how the squonking behaves (imo anyway)

Just gonna take a little trial and error to get this right on a mechanical

Back
Top Bottom