What's new

Am I not understanding this correctly !

Going by what you folks have said, no I'm not watching a review as i've tree felling videos to watch instead, the gadget is a semi mech device kindae likes the Squeeze.

Aspire seem, again going on my limited knowledge, to be playing silly buggers as aye, a 0.1 ohm coil will draw the 42A. Unless this fancy pants new coil whatsit somehow draws less amps than say SS or ni80.

Pop your dripper on it instead and keep the other mcguffin for a regulated device!
a 0.1Ohm coil on a mech mod fully charged at 4.2v will draw 42A but this device is semi regulated

Sounds like a plan to me. I'll use a 0.3 dual coil on it so I can use a vtc5a
Worth trying but i really do think this mod is semi regulated so to determine the current drawn work out the coil resistance and the wattage, that will give you the current being drawn.

so what you'd be getting is this... with the mod taking the voltage down to 2.83v ..... still a 28a draw though which isn't going to be very friendly for your poor old battery. :D

View attachment 159864
If I was to use the supplied tank then, the HB6 might be the best bet. Reckon I might just put a dripper on it and build my own coil at about 0.3 and use the tank on a dual cell mod as Embra suggested.

If I was to use the supplied tank then, the HB6 might be the best bet. Reckon I might just put a dripper on it and build my own coil at about 0.3 and use the tank on a dual cell mod as Embra suggested.
Ive had a quick look at this mod and its not very clear. Its definately a semi regulated mod so should not be a problem using the supplied tank/coil or using a dripper

I'm only guessing really but if it's limited to 80w I don't think it's possible to get a 42a draw off the battery.

and considering this is supplied together as a kit (and I don't really think Aspire are totally stupid)

I think you'd probably be ok with a 25a continuous VTC5A , you'll be using the battery quite hard but it's not totally crazy and it does have overheat protection and whatnot.

HB6 would be safer but battery life will be garbage, 80w vaping on a 1500 mAh cell ...... that would be a deal breaker right there, lol

Ive had a quick look at this mod and its not very clear. Its definately a semi regulated mod so should not be a problem using the supplied tank/coil or using a dripper
I had been using a vtc5a in it for a day on and off but then started to think about the coil and single cell and started to worry a bit. ;)
I just wish Aspire would explain it more clearly

I had been using a vtc5a in it for a day on and off but then started to think about the coil and single cell and started to worry a bit. ;)
I just wish Aspire would explain it more clearly
Ive found the article about it. Here it is. The kit is comprised of the Feedlink Mod and Revvo Boost Tank. This vape kit is powered by a single 18650 vape battery (sold separately). This is a semi-regulated device that draws power directly from the battery and is intended for advanced users only. ... The Revvo Boost is a 24mm vape tank, with a 2ml fill capacity.
Im confused myself now as it states that it draws power directly from the battery. Surely there must be a regulator of some description it it.

I'm only guessing really but if it's limited to 80w I don't think it's possible to get a 42a draw off the battery.

and considering this is supplied together as a kit (and I don't really think Aspire are totally stupid)

I think you'd probably be ok with a 25a continuous VTC5A , you'll be using the battery quite hard but it's not totally crazy and it does have overheat protection and whatnot.

HB6 would be safer but battery life will be garbage, 80w vaping on a 1500 mAh cell ...... that would be a deal breaker right there, lol
That all sounds right to me but I just wanted to be absolutely sure. When I watched the official aspire video, the bloke put a 1800mah cell in it but I couldn't see exactly what it was other than an Aspire brand.

Back
Top Bottom