What's new

Another cellucotton convert

Anyone not getting on with it, don't bin it, send it to me ;)

Daz

I'm with you, I think it's great, had no problems with it at all, but obviously not for everyone, I loved the organic cotton wool that came with the N-Vape tank but it just wasn't lasting as long as I expected it to, and the flavour is just not as good as with the Cellucotton, think about what's in the filter of an analogue! xx MK

Interesting that the supplier suggests that increased nic-hit could be the cause of some (like me) getting headaches. I've been wondering the same thing.
I may get some lower nic juice and see if that makes a difference as I would really like this stuff to work for me.
Have you tried a "Phil Busardo" style wicking comparison between the American Rayon and this new EU sourced Rayon?

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes
No but this is interesting too

Todds Reviews: Testing wicking materials by Duane Ruckle

Got mine this morning too ...it looks like the stuff out of duvet or the old snorkle jacket but wicks realy quick though

Ha ha probs was the stuff they put in old snorkels .wish I still had mine I would smoke the shit out of it . From now to the year dot cause mine was a large lol

I noticed something today. Since I'd started using Rayon in my RDAs, I vaped Red Astaire exclusively and got on fine with it. However, I changed to a different RDA with fresh rayon wick and T-Juice's Strawberri this morning and by about 4pm, my tongue was stinging. You know that feeling when you've eaten too many sherbet lemons? Or when you've eaten too many cheap fruit sweets and your mouth feels chemically burned? Yeah, that feeling is what I had after vaping Strawberri all day on Rayon. I rewicked to cotton tonight and my mouth now feels fine after vaping it all evening.

I didn't notice this with Red Astaire. Just thought I'd pitch that in.

flying over your house,
a guy called xib

I noticed something today. Since I'd started using Rayon in my RDAs, I vaped Red Astaire exclusively and got on fine with it. However, I changed to a different RDA with fresh rayon wick and T-Juice's Strawberri this morning and by about 4pm, my tongue was stinging. You know that feeling when you've eaten too many sherbet lemons? Or when you've eaten too many cheap fruit sweets and your mouth feels chemically burned? Yeah, that feeling is what I had after vaping Strawberri all day on Rayon. I rewicked to cotton tonight and my mouth now feels fine after vaping it all evening.

I didn't notice this with Red Astaire. Just thought I'd pitch that in.
flying over your house,
a guy called xib
I have had that also stinging tongue

still no had mine out the bag yet and my tounge is fine look.....:woot:

As i said in my earlier post i don't think the risk outways the performance over japanese cotton imho

So here ya go vapers grab some japanese cotton

In the states it's called koh gen do (japanese cotton)
In the uk it's called muji unbleached cotton pads (japanese cotton)

MUJI Online - MUJI Shopping link

This stuff is bloody amazing !!!!!!!!!!! STAY SAFE !!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

On a funny note i couldn't help myself writing stay safe, just finished watching #the purge anarchy# :woot:

Thanks for the post, I'm going to give this a go.

Cheers
Dmont

I think the whole thing of increased Nic delivery through Rayon causing headaches is bullshit. If I chain drip at .16 ohms on an 8mg juice I get a crazy Nicotine buzz (which is half the fun) and with zero headaches

Not sure if it was this thread, but my Muji japanese cotton came today. Holy shit it was a massive box for a tenner. I'll wick and report back.

Well, I vaped 2mls worth of Super Space Pirate. Taste is not quite as good as Rayon, but Rayon made me horrifically sick. Wicks just as well as Rayon, and I had no residual taste whatsoever. I'm converted entirely. Link here
MUJI Online - MUJI Shopping

Last edited:

I also found that intresting when I read it on FB the other day.However whilst I am no scientist the first thing that stood out to me was what I learnt in school when doing experiments, and that is the setup in each test has to be identical. The fault with this stood out like a sore thumb.This experiment is all to do with capilliry action of a liquid,that in itself is linked to surface tension and adhesian.The way the material has been packed in each tube is not uniform,there are voids of air of different sizes in each one.There are signs of where the material seems to be packed in tighter in some areas than others.So really I would have thought the results are inconclusive.Always happy to be proved wrong if I am talking bollocks though.

Back
Top Bottom