What's new

Another cellucotton convert

I may have slightly overdone it with my order then.
Just a teensy weensy bit.

Anyone need any Japanese cotton?

:noob:

Feel free to send some my way. Happy to pay £3 as it would still save me money (pricey postage). Just let me know if you're up for it. Ps cheapy 2nd class would be fine even.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

As i said in my earlier post i don't think the risk outways the performance over japanese cotton imho

So here ya go vapers grab some japanese cotton

In the states it's called koh gen do (japanese cotton)
In the uk it's called muji unbleached cotton pads (japanese cotton)

MUJI Online - MUJI Shopping link

This stuff is bloody amazing !!!!!!!!!!! STAY SAFE !!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy

On a funny note i couldn't help myself writing stay safe, just finished watching #the purge anarchy# :woot:

Better be good! Ordered 5 lots. How much do you get per quantity, and how long does it last for?

Being using for about 5 days now, got the tickly/dry throat but I put it down to vaping too much at VF lol. My experience so far is the rayon brings out different tones to a juice but produces less vapour. I rewicked all my drippers this morning back to cotton. Glad I did now tbh after reading this.
We all makes our choices, no ones right really its all down to your own personal preference.
I would like to try a bit o the old jap (nearly said eye! lol and the answers no ElsaBubs ! ) cotton if anyones got a spare couple o inches for me (noooooo stop it!! lol)

I've been using it since Saturday with no problems at all. I totally vaped my tits off at a party on Saturday too. Maybe it's worth mentioning that I'm using the stuff from 8BitVape; the one with the paper reinforcement strip through it (which gets removed obviously).

i have had to stop using it its given me a soar throat pity as it does wick very well so back on the cotton for now

View attachment 30791Interestingly the eBay seller who supplied me has sent me a sample of another rayon style wick to evaluate. I have linked her to this thread and some concerns that have been expressed. In the meantime I will rewick something later and give this sample a go

View attachment 30791Interestingly the eBay seller who supplied me has sent me a sample of another rayon style wick to evaluate. I have linked her to this thread and some concerns that have been expressed. In the meantime I will rewick something later and give this sample a go

Fairplay to em. Hope it goes well Mark.

I got a further response from the seller

" I rarely participate in any of the forums these days, but I still lurk a little. ;) Thank you for the links I will keep up these threads.
I am currently in discussion with the European manufacturer, your forum member is correct, in Europe rayon is called viscose. But it is 100% rayon, only it goes by a different name. The sample you received today is European and is BP/EP rated. They will not go into production until I place a bulk order. I can't go forward with it unless I know it has good/ favourable results. As they only sent me a small sample, I in return randomly sent a few samples out to some people who have purchased from me.

I have high hopes for this European product, the manufacturer stands up to scrutiny and is a supplier of medical products to the NHS. I doubt they will be using substandard product. But these questions are important and one's I will need to pose to the Manufacturer.

There are some differences to the American product. The European product is not as tidy and or 'combed' for want of a better word as the Grahams. But most importantly, even though it's 'rayon' and should carry the same qualities as Graham's, but most importantly it comes down to flavour meaning: it may impart/ subdue /be the same in terms of flavour as Graham's.

One thing I thought to mention, the headaches some are mentioning could quite possibly be from over nic. I had a similar experience as have others. I don't know why exactly but it seems rayon doesn't hold on to the nicotine in same way as cotton. Some just seem to get a bigger nic hit, from it. :/

Anyway enough from me, thank you for responding so quickly"

Ive tried this newer stuff in a Heron and seems identical to the other rayon in terms of flavour etc. The seller is right about the consistency of the material but I detect no discernible differences to the vape. I did get some gurgling after a few minutes but that was down to having slightly twisted the rayon over the top of the coil causing the drawing of liquid into the central chimney. A quick rearrange sorted that out.

Im not getting the scratchiness that others report but maybe I have a leather throat. I'm going to go back to cotton after a few days to see if I notice further differences.

Interesting that the supplier suggests that increased nic-hit could be the cause of some (like me) getting headaches. I've been wondering the same thing.
I may get some lower nic juice and see if that makes a difference as I would really like this stuff to work for me.
Have you tried a "Phil Busardo" style wicking comparison between the American Rayon and this new EU sourced Rayon?

Back
Top Bottom