What's new

Another thread about cleito problems, apologies

the base...where the coil screws in at, the glass can be removed from that its secured by an o-ring but it seems like sometimes its not put on quite right and it gets stuck. if you play with it, it will eventually come off and then i took the o-ring itself off and reseated it on the base and that seemed to help alot.

Ok thanks.

What i also noticed was the top gasket / o-ring was in the incorrect way from factory according to diagrams I have found...... see below where the flat bit of the top gasket is facing up and the indents on the sides face down. Mine was the opposite when I removed it from the top hardware.

I've switched it around now and reseated the bottom gasket / o-ring as well. Just need to fill up with some juice and give it a go.

aspire-cleito-tank-parts.jpg

After temporarily resolving the vapour lock / burning when priming issue for a coil or 2 I then had two separate cleito tanks dump their contents shortly after filling. No idea why suddenly out of the blue I had two separate tanks go wrong in the same way. One was a new 0.2 coil, one was an older 0.4 coil. It's absolute madness how variable these tanks are.

But the craziest thing, the tank that came with my k4 quick start kit, the 0.27 coil tank, is one of my favourite pieces of kit just now. Has never leaked, coils have lasted up to two weeks at some points. I've had vapour lock, but only when i tighten the top too much, and even then I can resolve it by just loosening it up a bit and its fine. It's never burnt a coil while priming and i've started going through way less hassle to prime them anyways, no more leaving overnight to soak.

How can the quality of cleitos vary so hugely???

Just to give everyone an update. I am still using two cleitos on and off. Vapout lock issues persist, I have to keep twisting off the top to get the bubbles to come out every so often otherwise the wick gets dry and i get no flavour and a dry burn. Been trying to use the 0.27 coils mostly as these seem to have the most consistent quality and give the best experience. However, the time that any coil can be used in the cleito varies greatly still. Some will go longer than others, some will need changed because they start to burn and others more often will need changed because they get too moist and you start to inhale liquid. I also have had some issues with the cleito leaking, for no reason apparently, because a single coil and tank combo will leak after a few days of usage or just straight from the beginning, then be fine for a few more days, then perhaps leak again or be completely fine until the coil inevitably outlives it's usefulness. I probably get an average of 4-5 days from a coil before it has some issue, sometimes a week or longer. Occasionally one will just straight off not work, although I've cut the instances of this down by priming using the K4 quick start kit and the 0.27 coils.

Back
Top Bottom