What's new

Bad practices?

Jugg1es

Veteran
Ok, i need to make this very clear from the start. I have not made this purchase nor have I ever visited this shop. This is all second hand information from someone I trust, any views I share in this are my own and has nothing to do with POTV, site admin or moderation team.
First off a quick back story, we have a couple of friends that we meet up with occasionally for breakfast and coffee, both have started vaping fairly recently. They both use kanger protanks and have tried to upgrade kit unsuccessfully due to a couple of bad purchases. The other month during a breakfast my mate showed me his wife's latest purchase-a kanger cupti. He wanted me to have a look as it wasn't working properly, the issue was the battery connection wasn't good. I told him to return it to the shop as it was unfit for use and he should replace it.

Forward to today, met up in town and he again pulled out this cupti, still not working....
When asked he told me that the shop he brought it from said it was a Kanger issue and he should contact them regarding a replacement, well first off as expected I explained that the shop was out of order and should have dealt with the matter as it was taken back well within the time frame (about a week). My mate said he's just had enough as the shop is in matlock and it's a fair drive out.
Ok I thought, I might be able to get it working so I opened up the battery compartment to see if i could figure out the issue...........
The minute I opened it I nearly had a heart attack as I was met with this...
IMG_20161205_095921.jpg
it was explained to me that the bloke in the shop did this so it would make a proper connection and that he does this quite regularly to flat top cells in order to have the same clearance as a button top. [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35] [emoji35]
This is scary shit....
It's idiots like this that are the cause of people blowing their faces, hands and other pieces of themselves off.
Needless to say I have removed the battery and brought the whole mod home with me..
Name and shame time......

https://www.facebook.com/Evapeorium/

Vapeoriumuk in Matlock Derbyshire.

Shamefull practice as I'm sure you'll agree.

I spent about 5 minutes with this mod and it now works, the fix was simple. I got a pin and slightly raised the battery tab on the door for the battery so that it made a good connection to the little metal pin in the body.
1480966055389.jpeg

Personally I'm more than a little worried if this is the state of vape vendors even if they are a minority, it's a minority that causes the scare mongering news that the daily fail jump all over. This vendor needed to be named, shamed and avoided at all costs.

fuck me, what a shit show, another piss poor vendor

glad you caught this in time before something bad happened, I to think of others that have bought from that place, if this is the standard

avoid at all costs

Jesus @Jugg1es
That's possibly the most frightening thing I've ever seen or heard a vape shop doing. Who does that? I mean come on man.

Wankers. How does someone that stupid put their trousers on in the morning?

:jawdrop: dafuk, looks like he had been chewing on that cell xD

Ha ha ha... I never thought of that... although very dangerous indeed...

That's bat shit crazy!! You should take that fucked up cell back to the shop with the rapper off stick a magnet on it and throw it to the fella what did that to it and ask him if he likes how miss treated cells act that could have been real dangerous

Back
Top Bottom