What's new

Bb v3.? DNA 20 advice

Cdr_Shep

Initiate
IMG_0233.jpeg

Hi all,

Lucky enough to pick up this project a little while ago. A billet box v3.a Which has been converted to DNA 20 board. Think it should be fun to use. Takes two 16340’s, and needs a bit of fiddling with to get started.

Not entirely sure of where to get started with it, as putting in the batteries in the shown orientation seems to make one heat up quite significantly so took it out. Does anyone have any experience with these mods? Also any old spares for v3.a’s? Wouldn’t mind picking up a couple of boros, preferably the old school one with the ball bearing to fill.

The Boros are becoming harder to find these days (make that all bar impossible) UNLESS one of the US of A After Market Parts sellers are doing them?
I had a V3 for a while many years ago now and remember having a similar issue with one cell heating up. I cured it temporarily by cleaning the contacts repeatedly, but usually the problem returned within an hour or so.
I only know of ONE Clone out in the wilds of the UK and wouldn't bet on it still being around, so it's going to have to be a Facebook Groups hunt I suspect?

Honestly, I’ve never seen a Rev 3a; that is truly old school :22:

There is certainly a great deal to admire in your desire to bring that work of art back to life! I wish you luck on Fb :lucky:

Does it even power on?

I’ve had it powered on previously, but needs a bit of cleaning up to try again. Learning project for me.

I get the sense people don’t see these very often! Tbh I wanted an old school rev. 3.a with original dial in silver with the mother of pearl button, but I’ve never seen one come up for sale

Last edited:
The Boros are becoming harder to find these days (make that all bar impossible) UNLESS one of the US of A After Market Parts sellers are doing them?
I had a V3 for a while many years ago now and remember having a similar issue with one cell heating up. I cured it temporarily by cleaning the contacts repeatedly, but usually the problem returned within an hour or so.
I only know of ONE Clone out in the wilds of the UK and wouldn't bet on it still being around, so it's going to have to be a Facebook Groups hunt I suspect?

Thanks Rob, I hate Facebook so not looking forward to that, but needs must!

I’ve had it powered on previously, but needs a bit of cleaning up to try again. Learning project for me.

I get the sense people don’t see these very often! Tbh I wanted an old school rev. 3.a with original dial in silver with the mother of pearl button, but I’ve never seen one come up for sale

Still got my red one, I have parted with many a thing, but not this, never ever...Special made Evl drip tip....

bbredv3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom