What's new

Coil Build For MTL HELP PLEASE

Littlemissliza

Postman
Hi folks,
I need help!!
I will make this as short as possible.
After a chest infection, this triggered reflux which has an impact on my throat.
My favourite juice was causing me problems. All of a sudden the vape was just too much for my throat to cope with. It was kinda choking me. using another juice at the same coil wraps and same wire and same coil diameter, I am fine. But I miss my favorite juice taste.
So I figured I'd play about with the coil. I'm a mtl vaper. I have tried play, so with 8 wraps on a 28mm stick, using 28/29mm round coil, it gives 0.9 ohms which seems fairly low after the 8 warps??????
I can handle the vape for my fave liquid BUT ... the taste is lost. it's lacking the flavour completely. I went on steam engine coil calculator and inputted my data and it said to do 2 wraps. Well that can't be right. haha
Any help appreciated. I miss my fave juice!!!!!

If you're looking for something around 1.1 ohms I would use Ni80 28awg round wire. 7 wraps will give you 1.1 ohms and I would make a 3mm coil and space the wraps.
If you drop the watts right down and bring the power up slowly until you find your sweet spot then see how you get on.

As for the reflux I think it's more likely to be something in the juice your body has taken a dislike to or some other form of medical issue or allergy unrelated to vaping rather than the coil.

Thanks so much for your reply.
I’m not bothered about the ohms to be fair, I just read somewhere if it’s higher than my normal 0.6 ohms it might be kinder to my throat lol
I just want to be able to taste my face juice. Manabush know I always get my favorite juice lol.
You’re absolutely right though, perhaps my reflux has decided it just can’t tolerate that juice anymore.
I’ve spent a small fortune over the years trying to find diff flavours but nothing compares to my Manabush one 😢

Have you tried reducing the nicotine content of your favourite juice? or even switching from say freebase to nic salt (or vice versa). My vaping requirements are polar opposites to yours, I like a rich, dense, flavoursome vape so I buy 30/70 shortfill juices and add my own nic, but I always taste test my juices without nic and I`ve found that the nic makes very little difference to the taste.

@Littlemissliza that sucks. I feel your pain. Manabush also make my favourite juice - or did until one of their suppliers went tits up and now they can no longer make it.

I can't imagine the coil making much difference to your throat TBH, especially if another juice is fine on the same coil. Maybe it will right itself after your infection has gone for a bit... bit of a long shot I guess, but maybe...?!

I use kanthal wire (28-29awg) and 4 or 5 wraps at 25mm ID gives me 0.6ohms or thereabouts.

Have you tried reducing the nicotine content of your favourite juice? or even switching from say freebase to nic salt (or vice versa). My vaping requirements are polar opposites to yours, I like a rich, dense, flavoursome vape so I buy 30/70 shortfill juices and add my own nic, but I always taste test my juices without nic and I`ve found that the nic makes very little difference to the taste.
Thanks for your reply. Don’t get me wrong, I love a rich flavoursome vape. I just figured that a higher ohm might be easier on my throat. I tested doing just 5 wraps yesterday that comes out at about 0.6 ohms and it was better on my throat. I don’t get all the science behind vaping lol
However, freebase and nic salt? What is this? I’m intrigued :cool:

Also, I buy the juice as is and add my nic (liquid). It comes in 30ml so add 10ml of nic.

Thanks for your reply. Don’t get me wrong, I love a rich flavoursome vape. I just figured that a higher ohm might be easier on my throat. I tested doing just 5 wraps yesterday that comes out at about 0.6 ohms and it was better on my throat. I don’t get all the science behind vaping lol
However, freebase and nic salt? What is this? I’m intrigued :cool:
They`re both nicotine but extracted using different methods, nic salt is meant to be smoother, quicker to get into your system and easier on your throat, I use it exclusively and I`ve never had it oxidise (peppery taste), some say it doesn`t go very well with tobacco flavours but I dont vape those anyway.

Coil height on bottom airflow makes a difference, rule of thumb lower the coil less the throat hit.

Back
Top Bottom