What's new

Concentrating on DIY concentrates

Chegs

Veteran
I have been mixing my own juices for some time,and was wondering about a tobacco leaf based concentrate when I got sidetracked onto coffee.As the principle is pretty much the same for these 2 flavours,I thought I'd try a coffee as I have no tobacco leaf in the house.

I drink copious quantities of filtered coffee during the day,and tea during the evening.The GF does the ground coffee purchasing,& tries to locate Douwe Egberts as our supermarkets are often out of stock of this brand so the shelves get filled with Fair Trade own-brand(which is also nice,depending on flavour)

Anyway,I digress.To make my own coffee concentrate,I measured out 25 ml of PG into a glass jam jar.I filled a saucepan with water & placed on the stove to boil.I added a heaped tablespoon of the ground coffee to the jar of PG,wrapped my hand with a towel & placed the jar in the boiling water and swirled the liquid in the bottom of the jar around.When the towel wrapped round my hand ceased protecting me from the heat(about 15-20 mins)I removed the jar from the boiling water & could see little wisps of vapour rising from the PG,and the liquid was very dark.I then filtered the PG through a size 4 coffee filter paper which took an eternity or 2 so I stabbed my pen through the top of the filter paper & hung it over the jug to drain.After the majority of the liquid had drained through,I placed the jug+paper in the (still) hot water in the saucepan & placed the lid over the top of the jug.This trapped the heat a little & after about 3-4 hours I noticed the paper was now wet almost to the top of the paper so binned it.The rest of the coffee+PG was poured into a bottle & placed to 1 side whilst I had a hunt through my other concentrates for all the creams.Having located the whipped cream,the rest of the experiment took place.

5ml sample of Coffee Cream

2.1 ml PG
2.5ml VG
0.5 ml Coffee
0.2 ml Whipped Cream
3 drops of Sweetener (if required)

Stirred with the tip of the syringe needle,a few drops were added to a freshly wicked Double Cross RDA,dual coils @ 0.22 ohms.I will happily admit that I didn't expect it to taste anywhere near nice straight from the mixing tub as so far,the DIY mixes with any cream have required a period of steeping.Anything from 7 days upwards to several months(forgot where I'd left it)before the harsh chemical TH from the cream reduced.This coffee cream though,is absolutely fucking lush.The taste is just like vaping the contents of todays filter coffee,with the extra added enjoyment of it being drank with a dollop of cream(or with "heart attack" milk,full fat,thick & creamy)

So,that worked out really well & I'm now eager to try tobacco soon.

The ground coffee blend I've been drinking & now vaping is Morning Americano apparently.

Pictures added in new post

Last edited:
Coffee Cream juice on left, coffee concentrate on right

Attachments

• 1416087208901.jpg
    1416087208901.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 80
That's made me eager to pull my thumb out and have a go..

I normally drink dough egburts instant coffee so that's a no no.. So i bought some of morrisons fair trade coffee beans a few weeks ago to make a concentrate from. Thanks for this, I'll report back tomorrow :)

Like my coffee, espresso, caramel and cream works well.
I read something a while back elsewhere that you can put pg through an espresso machine to make a decent concentrate although never tried it in mine.
I would imagine it's only worth it to make a large bottle as would think there's some wastage cleaning the machine out.
Dont tell the wife though

I've made my coffee juice today..

I put about 25ml of pg in a jar and added about 1.5 table spoons worth of crushed beans and placed the jar in a in a pan of simmering water for about 25 - 30 minutes then drained through a coffee filter.

I mixed it at:
15% Coffee
4% Sweet Cream
2% Swetener

It's bloody lovely fresh :)

I put about 25ml of pg in a jar and added about 1.5 table spoons worth of crushed beans and placed the jar in a in a pan of simmering water for about 25 - 30 minutes then drained through a coffee filter.

I mixed it at:
15% Coffee
4% Sweet Cream
2% Swetener

Sell me a bottle?

I mixed it at:
15% Coffee
4% Sweet Cream
2% Swetener

So is my version made with ready ground bags :D

I mixed it at:
15% Coffee
4% Sweet Cream
2% Swetener

You sir, are a genius! I'm definitely gonna give something like this a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

I am so going to have to try this soon. I get some lovely coffees from a small roaster and would never be able to find a concentrate that would taste anything like what they sell.

Back
Top Bottom