What's new

Concentrating on DIY concentrates

Does it ?

Yes although i don't know the volume but to make decaffeinated coffee you use a solvent to extract the caffeine which i believe is a component of the coffee bean oil - this makes sense as solvents are often used to break down and "grab" oil. This is the reason that you need to use more volume of decaffeinated coffee to make it the same flavour strength as normal coffee. I don't want to panic anyone but it is worth a bit of consideration.

It's worth noting that most natural things contain oils - vanilla, nuts, herbs etc.

Last edited:
True indeed about oil in coffee beans. Forgot about that... will just stick to drinking my coffee.

True indeed about oil in coffee beans. Forgot about that... will just stick to drinking my coffee.

You can remove the oil using a solvent but this then turns into "proper" chemistry and you will have to remove the solvent after, again not a massive job but you need to know what you're doing.

You can remove the oil using a solvent but this then turns into "proper" chemistry and you will have to remove the solvent after, again not a massive job but you need to know what you're doing.

A bit too much hassle for me! Maybe someone else will give it a try.

Considering the amount of utter shit I've smoked previously, teabags soaked with whiskey, dried banana skins were 2 suggestions for getting high (tasted vile, made my braincell hurt and made me feel sick but not high )and using a 3ltr plastic bottle in water to inhale the cannabis through an aluminium foil top before then using the water pressure to blast the smoke into my lungs, a tiny amount of coffee oil in my vape is unlikely to do me harm (yes,I know about lipid pneumonia or I've heard about it,I'm no biologist ) and I wouldn't think a single teaspoon of coffee grounds is going to contain more than traces of oil, which is then diluted even further in a 10 ml bottle of juice.
My experiment was purely to discover how much effort would be required to create my own tobacco concentrates, and as I have no tobacco leaf in the house I used coffee.

Yay! Someone Else Who's Fallen For Banana Peel!! :vom: Someone'll Tell Me Wot's in Old Holborn Baccy & Why I Should n't Steep That in a Bit....Too Late! :grin2: I Don't Drink Coffee Myself But G/L With it!

Considering the amount of utter shit I've smoked previously, teabags soaked with whiskey, dried banana skins were 2 suggestions for getting high (tasted vile, made my braincell hurt and made me feel sick but not high )and using a 3ltr plastic bottle in water to inhale the cannabis through an aluminium foil top before then using the water pressure to blast the smoke into my lungs, a tiny amount of coffee oil in my vape is unlikely to do me harm (yes,I know about lipid pneumonia or I've heard about it,I'm no biologist ) and I wouldn't think a single teaspoon of coffee grounds is going to contain more than traces of oil, which is then diluted even further in a 10 ml bottle of juice.
My experiment was purely to discover how much effort would be required to create my own tobacco concentrates, and as I have no tobacco leaf in the house I used coffee.

Here here :-)

Back
Top Bottom