What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Some Aspire Breeze coils arrived today, with a nicotine warning on the packaging!

Fasttech have replied and they have said to contact my delivery office and ask them to return it and they will give a refund minus the shipping fee once they get it back.
Great.

This is all despite me explaining everything to them.
Stick to your guns mate — say you are prepared to accept the parcel but want to be compensated for most of the fee.

It might take a bit of haggling but keep it polite and stress it's because they declared the wrong value...they should give in with any luck [emoji106]

I've had a reply from fasttech already. They say the customs clearance can take 1-2 weeks so they'd like me to wait another 3 or 4 days then get back to them.

I think that's fair enough. At least they're willing to engage when there's an issue.

I've had a reply from fasttech already. They say the customs clearance can take 1-2 weeks so they'd like me to wait another 3 or 4 days then get back to them.

I think that's fair enough. At least they're willing to engage when there's an issue.

1 to 2 weeks? Is that something new then? I usually have the package on my desk within a week. Sounds like a FT generic answer to me, I expect I'll get the same off them

FT's first reply to anything, to me, is a fob off. If anything's playing up, their first reply is usually wanting photos. So I always send in the first ticket with photos, then their first reply from that is usually "Can you take it to the local vape shop?" of course I bloody can't & we tango from there

Typical this kicks off now after I broke my Fasttech cherry and placed 2 orders last week - need to work out which package to refuse if they do bend me over.

Speak of the Devil

Exact same response

Sorry to hear this issue. As per the tracking, the item has left origin country to destination country on July.7.

For registered postal mail, the tracking is not updated in real time. This tracking status would be updated only after the item clears destination custom and is handed over to local post office for delivery. This stage could usually take 1-2 weeks.

Now please give it more several days for update and deliver, if there is still no update after 4 days, you can contact us for investigation. Thanks.

Yep the exact same I got. I'm the same as you where all my previous orders have come in under a week.

I suspect we'll probably be getting back to them in 4 days

Back
Top Bottom