What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

Got my card from Post office and its £11.03 , made up of Post office £8 handling fee and £3.03 of Import VAT.
Value over £15 up to £135 Import VAT
Value over £135 Import VAT Customs Duty

Got my card from Post office and its £11.03 , made up of Post office £8 handling fee and £3.03 of Import VAT.
Value over £15 up to £135 Import VAT
Value over £135 Import VAT Customs Duty

What price was yours marked up as bud?

Stick to your guns mate — say you are prepared to accept the parcel but want to be compensated for most of the fee.

It might take a bit of haggling but keep it polite and stress it's because they declared the wrong value...they should give in with any luck [emoji106]

I have been trying but they are replying back with gibberish and now they offering me a $2 gift certificate. That just ticked me right off. The politeness went away and I've just threatened them with a paypal claim.

Haha!! Good old gift certificate

They do try it on & hope you get fed up with the tickets & drop the whole thing. Paypal claim is the way to go

@stig of the dump I take it that's you on the FT forums?

What price was yours marked up as bud?
Just went and got it , marked up with the normal $20 but unfortunately this is over the £15 by 33p on current exchange rates limit for VAT so the charge of £3.03 and £8 handling, guy at post office said that DPD charge £15 handling.
So unless FT and the rest start putting less than $20 we might be seeing a glut of these charges.

Just went and got it , marked up with the normal $20 but unfortunately this is over the £15 by 33p on current exchange rates limit for VAT so the charge of £3.03 and £8 handling, guy at post office said that DPD charge £15 handling.
So unless FT and the rest start putting less than $20 we might be seeing a glut of these charges.
Another benefit of Brexit. The £ has plummeted so much that vapers are losing out.

My packet arrived after 7 weeks, minus the coils.
Im not even sure if I can claim them back from FT, its not my fault there was no nicotine warning on the coils.

I wouldn't mind the VAT charge, that's a fair cop but the £8 handling charge is a piss take

We get it here, if someone's sent us paperwork & underpaid the post they try & make us pay for it plus a £1.50 charge, we refuse & have them send it back

Back
Top Bottom