What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

It's the inbuilt batteries, hope your not in a rush ;)

which shipping option would you recommend? I'm guessing I should opt for china post, will take longer but should fly under the radar. Where as tracked it will come through Heathrow and then its a 50/50 chance of being stopped by customs.

All ways must be 50/50.

what happens if you get a card coz it`s $20.00 you take your time collecting, exchange rate changes then it might be under £15.00 again ? lol

I'm wondering if customs is clamping down from sales from china....

Just been informed that a pair of OTE headphone ear pads (just the foam and covering) value £5 - 8 has been held up at uk customs.

Oompf!
nuts.jpeg

Shouldn't moan as i have ordered well over a hundred times from FT, hope this is just a blip.

Blame the weak £, not FT. They haven't changed anything. Ask for your parcel to be marked as $15 in future.

I've ordered another large order, over $100 of various bargains, now the savings on what I have ordered are huge and my thinking was to include the PO/customs fee into the equation and I'm still getting a great deal.

But I have a question, has anyone had their package opened and charged the duty on the actual contents or just from the front $20 label?

Lucky you, that offered me apologies for inconvenience [emoji23]
:D that wasnt their opening gambit, we had a few messages back and forward with me saying I would just let it return and cancelled some pending orders. :)

Back
Top Bottom