What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

2 deliveries in this week from FT, marked at the $15 with no dramas

One in from Hotecig too, a $30 order marked at $10.20

At the moment they are asking folk to ask for a $15 value when ordering. They really need to do that themselves.
Yep. Placing another step into a lengthy process is hardly the smartest move. It’s the bit I’m most bemused by, there’s nothing stopping them doing this automatically.

Well, nothing bar the fear that it’ll line up ALL FT packages for inspection. :D

It depends on the size of your order and the savings you are making, I factored the customs & PO costs into my last $116 order and I'm still making a massive saving, if it clears customs without charge then brucey bonus, it's not put me off using them unless it's a small order.
You’re an exception.

Their business model is based on shifting high volumes of low margin product in small orders.

You’re an exception.

Their business model is based on shifting high volumes of low margin product in small orders.
Yeah I understand, it took me a week to find the stuff I wanted to make the order worthwhile, all stuff I needed too, problem will arise when I need short order top ups.

As the original op was hard done by I will shop with caution.

I've just received 8 packs of Revvo coils, package marked at $20, UK epacket - all received without interruption by our "friends" at HMRC.

Yep. Placing another step into a lengthy process is hardly the smartest move. It’s the bit I’m most bemused by, there’s nothing stopping them doing this automatically.

Well, nothing bar the fear that it’ll line up ALL FT packages for inspection. :D
I suppose they may look at it like it's your responsibility to estimate your value.
Should any rules and regulations with trade deals ever come up they won't face penalties as they are not dodging any tax issues. The decision lies in the hands of the purchaser.
Must say I've still not had an issue in this part of the country. All orders arrived un molested and tax free.

I suppose they may look at it like it's your responsibility to estimate your value.
Should any rules and regulations with trade deals ever come up they won't face penalties as they are not dodging any tax issues. The decision lies in the hands of the purchaser.
Must say I've still not had an issue in this part of the country. All orders arrived un molested and tax free.
I'm certain you're correct - but when other companies are circumventing that necessity, and when it adds days onto dispatch, there will come a point where customers go 'fuck it' and dob off to 3F or Gearbest or whoever.

I've got a basket full of Claptons and assorted little bumf just sitting there, and it'll remain so till they have done something proactive. Ordering should be a simple matter of click and wait - not click, click, wait, click, wait. :D

I'm certain you're correct - but when other companies are circumventing that necessity, and when it adds days onto dispatch, there will come a point where customers go 'fuck it' and dob off to 3F or Gearbest or whoever.

I've got a basket full of Claptons and assorted little bumf just sitting there, and it'll remain so till they have done something proactive. Ordering should be a simple matter of click and wait - not click, click, wait, click, wait. :D
Oh you kids and your impatience. Lol.
I need too many clicks to stop me dangerously spending money I don't have.
I'm petrified of Amazon's one click ordering.
3f maybe but with gearbests delivery, it will be a patient ape who switches to them.

Back
Top Bottom