What's new

custom duty on a pack of coils from China?!

I’m also waiting a package from FT, it arrived in the U.K. this morning. Track17 shows a message which I’ve never been seen before REACH. Not sure what this means and Royal Mail states it’s on its way to me. Usually updates with its on its way to Chester. It does seem to have been in Langley longer than normal, although it is Saturday. Reach might mean something else. Hoping it’s not spent some time with Border Force. I’ll update later. Below are the screenshots.
View attachment 167410View attachment 167411

Just as an update, Royal Mail tracking has now got my parcel in China [emoji848] After tracking to U.K. I’m hoping it’s just an admin error. Has anyone had their parcel returned to China?
IMG_0286.jpg

This is my under $20 order:

Is this good or bad?

I don't know if it's cleared customs or they have hit it with a fee?

2018-07-28 20:42
GB, Released from Customs / Despatched from processing centre (inward office of exchange)

Clearly ‘a thing’ now, and set to get worse.

Who da thunk it? The death of Fasttech in my lifetime. With the price difference between there and here being in the region of a couple of quid on things, I can’t see any reason to bother with them anymore.

I’m amazed that FT don’t recognise this purge by UK customs for the threat it is. They clearly make a mint from other nations.

Clearly ‘a thing’ now, and set to get worse.

Who da thunk it? The death of Fasttech in my lifetime. With the price difference between there and here being in the region of a couple of quid on things, I can’t see any reason to bother with them anymore.

I’m amazed that FT don’t recognise this purge by UK customs for the threat it is. They clearly make a mint from other nations.
Is it really the death of Fasttech, or the death of the £ as a major currency?

Is it really the death of Fasttech, or the death of the £ as a major currency?
It’s not the literal death of FT, but a sizeable chunk of their UK sales is going to vanish unless they are more proactive on this matter.

It’s not the literal death of FT, but a sizeable chunk of their UK sales is going to vanish unless they are more proactive on this matter.
At the moment they are asking folk to ask for a $15 value when ordering. They really need to do that themselves.

It depends on the size of your order and the savings you are making, I factored the customs & PO costs into my last $116 order and I'm still making a massive saving, if it clears customs without charge then brucey bonus, it's not put me off using them unless it's a small order.

Back
Top Bottom