What's new

Damn Vape Doom

Nothings wrong with them just fund I get better flavour from my falcon. The unity is better, actually using it now but theres not much in it between the two.
Think i was making a basic school boy mesh building error as its vaping fine now.
Wick tail ends need almost removing completely with just enough to cover the juice well cos the chimney sits so close i was choking the wick.
The 0.2ohm VV mesh strips dame and its much better.
Not really sure any of the mesh strips it came with nor the VV strips are accurate and the 0.2ohm one in is reading 0.17 which isnt that far off.
The flavour is awsome but I've had that many dry hits trying to figure this thing out im cautious to crank it up atm.

Last edited:
Found a better way of wicking this but it involves placing a flat sliver of mesh inside the cotton and boxing the mesh strip instead of leaving it curved.
Shouldnt have to piss around doing this though and even wicking it this way doesnt make it any better than a standard rta.
In the box of shame me thinks.
A bubble might improve the vacuum situation and make it better but for now its going in the box.

That's a shame it's no good. Have you tried the profile unity. It's probably the best mesh rta. I find the kylin m gives less flavour and doesn't wick aswell.

That's a shame it's no good. Have you tried the profile unity. It's probably the best mesh rta. I find the kylin m gives less flavour and doesn't wick aswell.
Its on route from FT.
I cancelled the Doom i had on preorder with them and ordered the unity.
I honestly just think its a vacuum issue as I'm vaping it atm with the tank slightly unscrewed and its vaping very well.
Just some niggles and i hope they revise them and add a spring loaded deck would probably make it great.

Found a better way of wicking this but it involves placing a flat sliver of mesh inside the cotton and boxing the mesh strip instead of leaving it curved.
Shouldnt have to piss around doing this though and even wicking it this way doesnt make it any better than a standard rta.
In the box of shame me thinks.
A bubble might improve the vacuum situation and make it better but for now its going in the box.
Thanks for keeping us updated. What a mongrel it turned out that way. Reminds me of the Kanger Juppi and how I kept messing around with that. Now that was a dry hit machine the Juppi. Though I believe there were a lot of dodgy fake coils getting around for it and I had some. Regardless it didn't stay on the market long, disappeared real quick.
Anyway mate, shame there as the Doom looked very interesting.

I have two Doom tanks and I do not get any of these issues. They are prone to dry hit if you dont pack the cotton under the mesh. I use nexmesh. Here's photos of my wicking. Note the space under the coil and wick to let juice pass through.
20190623_015811.jpeg
20190623_015744.jpeg

I have two Doom tanks and I do not get any of these issues. They are prone to dry hit if you dont pack the cotton under the mesh. I use nexmesh. Here's photos of my wicking. Note the space under the coil and wick to let juice pass through.View attachment 194500View attachment 194501
Thank you for taking the time to show me your build.
I've tried varying amounts of cotton right up to a full Labo pad.
Jelly fish. Cotton Bacon. The cotton it came with. Coil master.
Here's my latest build and I've found it only remains saturated and vapable with the tank partially undone.
I'd be grateful if you've got any pointers.

20190623_072151.jpg
20190623_072216.jpg
20190623_072242.jpg
20190623_072306.jpg
20190623_072330.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to show me your build.
I've tried varying amounts of cotton right up to a full Labo pad.
Jelly fish. Cotton Bacon. The cotton it came with. Coil master.
Here's my latest build and I've found it only remains saturated and vapable with the tank partially undone.
I'd be grateful if you've got any pointers.

View attachment 194513 View attachment 194514 View attachment 194515 View attachment 194516 View attachment 194518
Same amount of cotton but stop tucking your cotton down like your building a RDA or RTA cut your cotton at a 90 degree angle like the pick above and lower the bottom half of your fluffed up tail to just meet the juice well

Same amount of cotton but stop tucking your cotton down like your building a RDA or RTA cut your cotton at a 90 degree angle like the pick above and lower the bottom half of your fluffed up tail to just meet the juice well
I'm wondering if i need to get some cotton sat above the mesh so gravity keeps it feeding the coil.
Tbh it was just sat on the well but teased a few overhanging fibres in there as couldn't get the scissors close enough.
Ill have another go with a fresh mesh strip.

Just rebuilt it and going to let it soak up for a while.
I'll choke back I mean post back when it dry hits again lol.

20190623_093329.jpg
20190623_093420.jpg
20190623_093443.jpg
20190623_093504.jpg

Back
Top Bottom